News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KMST screwback........

Hi Micha,

A very interesting variant indeed. THe KMST is raised, not stamped, correct? Excellent addition!

Both of my "standard" screwback are totally unmarked on the reverse of the cross, but one of the screwdiscs is "KM 800" marked. From memory, there are 800 marks on the upright "rings" of the screwdisc. Pics of one attached (buggered if I can find the pics of the other one!).

Having seen this one now, I am thinking the DRGM was not alowed because this "standard" screwback style was used by many manufacturers and could therefore not be patented.

Regards

Mike

Yes,the stamping is raised! Your explanation about the missing DRGM makes sense-a "common" screw as attachment system isn't enough to get a "DRGM". This one is one of the last EKs my "EK-mentor" has left in his collection! He's given up collecting totally-but I was able to get the most important pieces for my own collection.

Micha

Couldn't help but notice that in the last photo that Mike K. showed of the reverse set ups, that he has one of the 'sliding' KMST DRGM crosses. Can barely make it out, but it is one of them. Would love to see a photo of that one. Curious if their is any variation among that style. It's one of my favorite attachment styles. Thanks.

Micha,

Another wonderfull cross. Congratulations

Ekhunter

I think there is one known variation. Some of the KMST slide backs have

the makers marks stamped into the cross while on others the makers mark

and DRGM is raised.

Here is a picture of mine with the raised makers mark.

Edited by gregM