News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Research to recipient Order of Lenin Group Major Litemin.

JimZ:

Thank you for posting the documents!

Award Card

!. Litemin

2. Nikolai Konstentinovich

3. Major

4.Male

6.City of Leningrad

7. not party member

8.middle

9.Rusian

10. 5-1920-2.1933, 5.1935

13. City of Leningrad house 13 apartment 4

awards

Red banner

Order of Lenin

Red Banner 2

Regards

Rick

JimZ:

Thank you for posting the documents!

Award Card

!. Litemin

2. Nikolai Konstentinovich

3. Major

4.Male

6.City of Leningrad

7. not party member

8.middle

9.Rusian

10. 5-1920-2.1933, 5.1935

13. City of Leningrad house 13 apartment 4

awards

Red banner

Order of Lenin

Red Banner 2

Regards

Rick

Rick,

13. City of Leningrad, Goncharnaya Street, house 13 apartment 4

Marc

Dear Kristof,

I had been exactly right, with my guessing of the award dates ;) :

Due to the s/n. of the RB#2 in the 25.XXX range (awarded in the year 1954), it seems to be a long service group:

- RB: 20 years of service - 1944

- Lenin: 25 years of service - 1949

- RB#2: 30 years of service - 1954

Do we have any more details of Major Litmin's career :unsure: ?

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Kristof-- you have such nice things, and so much research, you really MUST get an Epson (no other kind !!!) scanner.

Being able to post GOOD big scans here directly will be well worth the cost of a decent Epson scanner in what we all can share as a result. :cheers:

Rick.

I have 3 in one Brother scanner it look ok to me .

if you like next time I will scan and send you directly .,so you can check.

Please only give me your email address. :D

Dear Kristof,

I had been exactly right, with my guessing of the award dates ;) :

Do we have any more details of Major Litmin's career :unsure: ?

Christian

Christian.

Jim.Z posted all research for the Major Litemin.

please have look. :cheers:

Jim.Z posted all research for the Major Litemin.

please have look. :cheers:

Dear Kristof,

sorry .... my mistake :blush: .

I should have posted: "Do we have any more TRANSLATED details of Major Litemin's career?"

My knowledge of the Russian language is extremly poor, specially concerning handwriting.

Christian

BTW: You are lucky to have still the Order of Lenin in your group :D . In my rather similar mini-group of Major Baranovsky http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24254 the Lenin (+ Red Star and medals) are missing :( .

Dear Kristof,

sorry .... my mistake :blush: .

I should have posted: "Do we have any more TRANSLATED details of Major Litemin's career?"

My knowledge of the Russian language is extremly poor, specially concerning handwriting.

Christian

BTW: You are lucky to have still the Order of Lenin in your group :D . In my rather similar mini-group of Major Baranovsky http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24254 the Lenin (+ Red Star and medals) are missing :( .

Soon the research will bee translated and posted on the Forum. ;)

Marc:

Thank you for the addition of the Street name on the ARC.

Citation for Red Banner I believe it describes the following:

Comrade Litemin was " Head of 3 areas of responsibility from July of 1943

working on the calculation for demobilization of soldiers from army, pension

to officers and invalids from Patriotic War and also families of those killed.

Additions and corrections appreciated.

Thanks Rick

Guest Rick Research

These scans are perfect and most important, LEGIBLE !!!!! :jumping:

Litemin was an officer in the Intendance/Administrative Service.

He served in the infantry May 1920 to March 1933, then went into the reserves (quite common as a budgetary savings in the early 1930s) until recalled in May 1935. He then miraculously found himself in the administrative service, serving in the same unit from May 1935 until his retirement 28 December 1953 (with permission to wear his uniform with rank insignia)--

3rd Section ("administrative/economy unit") of Smolensky Raion Military Commissariat in the city of Leningrad. He became the 3rd Section Commander in 1943.

The first Awards Record Card from 2 March 1946 shows

Red Banner # 163,560 for long service 3 November 1944

Defense of Leningrad Medal 22 December 1942

Victory Over Germany Medal (NOMINAL date 9 May 1945-- actual date only on the award document)

His second ARC of 27 July 1949 is rather messy because it was crossed out and re-written

it repeats that first 1944 Red Banner, then adds

Lenin (80?),354 for long service on 20 June 1949

Red Banner "2" award on 30 April 1954 for long service (he was already retired then)

In his service records the 1948 Armed Forces Jubilee Medal is also of course verified.

So he was in Leningrad for the entire siege. :beer:

On a quick pass through, his infantry officer ranks are NOT listed, though he was a company commander when released to the reserves in 1933.

Technical Intendant (IInd?) Rank 1938

Intendant 3rd Rank 22.2.42

Captain of Administrative Service 26.2.43

Major of Administrative Service 8.11.47

The pages from the mass long service Ukaze of 1949 and 1954 simply list his name and rank among all the other recipients of the same Orders.

He would have been retired for age-- as a 50 year old amjor in 1953, who had been in that rank 6 years and was not going to be promoted again.

I have a cannon scanner and it works fine :) Never understood why Epson in particular.

I aways believed that what it boils down to is resolution. Tweak your scanner settins and you'll eventually get it right.

I think the quality of these last scans was indeed better than the previous ones and with some adjustments for size on my part, it was possible to deliver readable material.

So Brother, Epson, Cannon.... if it ain't broke and can be read, don't change it :)

My philosphy anyways!

Jim :cheers:

I have a cannon scanner and it works fine :) Never understood why Epson in particular.

I aways believed that what it boils down to is resolution. Tweak your scanner settins and you'll eventually get it right.

I think the quality of these last scans was indeed better than the previous ones and with some adjustments for size on my part, it was possible to deliver readable material.

So Brother, Epson, Cannon.... if it ain't broke and can be read, don't change it :)

My philosphy anyways!

Jim :cheers:

Hi Jim.

For the images of awards I use digital camera.

I just learning to use the best way. For the researches I just scanner.The is one problem at the moment

I tray to get more research for my awards from Russia.The guys who during for me some time tray

not very hard to get good outcome from they part,and sometimes I have received very bad copies of the research and again any scanner can't rectify the bad quality of research copies.

regards

Kristof :banger: