News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bruder Schneider UBoot badge

Hello all, I posted this before the upgraiding but it was delete, so I try again.

This is a UBoot bagde that I have in my collection for more than 10 years. In all reference books it sopouse that this maker marked his badges whit a BSW inside a three leafed clover, but this is marked with complete name, "BRUDER SCHNIEDER A.G. WIEN". Until now I never have seen any UBoot badge of this maker, like mine or with the BSW mark, so I really don't know if mine is original or not. The finish of the badge, the size, the material, everything looks ok.

Look that in the stamp the letters "EI" of schneider is changed by "IE". This could be a mistake or a bad finished of a copy.

Any coment will be very apreciated, thanks in advence.

Eduardo

Thanks for your opinions, finally I'm going to take it out of my collection.

Regards.

Eduardo

Eduardo,

Send a PM to Gordon Williamson. ASk him to give you his opinion. He is the resident expert on these (No disrespect to Michel, who is very knowledgeable as well). I wouldnt throw it away based on my observations that's for sure.

Edited by Darrell

I have to agree with the others. I don't like it. The finish is very rough - looks like a casting. Check the overall dimensions which should be 39mm in height by 48mm wide. If cast using an original as a pattern, it would be slightly smaller.

Again, suspicion over a Schwerin type badge with a previously unknown maker for this award ( Assmann, BSW, Frank & Reif etc)

PS for Frank!

Welcome Aboard!!! Good to see you here. On the chance that some do not know Herr Heukemes, Frank is one of the best badge guys around, has a passion for the subject that would be tough to beat and is now a published author on GAB's with other projects in the works! An asset to the community!