News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two LW Officers & an EKII

These links are to threads on the 2 daggers & on the EKII

Briefly, I was given these at christmas by distant relatives by marriage, who I have never met.

Apart from finding out what I can about these items, I feel the obvious need to show my appreciation by payment or otherwise - I suspect that money would be declined, but I've got to say thank you in more than words I feel.

Thanks for any info or opinions,

The thread on the 2 daggers:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25854

The thread on the EKII:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2585...mp;#entry243892

I've waffled on in this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25854

Briefly, I'm interested in any info about such daggers by these manufacturers (the only book I've got on manufacturers does'nt cover the 3R period) & a valuation so that I can show appropriate appreciation.

Edited by leigh kitchen

Leigh,

I see that there has been no responses to your dagger questions. Have you tried doing the same thing on germandaggers.com? One of my close friends is the moderator of the SS Daggers on that forum, as well as a long time German Dagger collector, and I can always ask him to comment on the pictures of the daggers if you wish.

Regards,

Gordon

Thanks, if you would please - I've just signed up to germandaggers.com although I won't have much to offer, only to ask.

I'm assuming that these two daggers are nothing special in quality, but they are in very good condition & now I'm looking for 3 sets of hangers - 2 of reasonable quality & good condition to match these daggers & a third ropey set to match a Holler 2nd pattern LW which is in fairly poor condition (it has a lovely set of fingerprints etched into the blade).

Leigh,

Ok, will do. Having problems with my ISP at the moment but will do my best to get some sort of an answer for you. I understand there is a chap in California who may be able to do something about the fingerprints. I'll for that info as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Leigh,

My friend suggests that the Paul Weyersburg dagger is worth around US$850.00 and the other one around US$750.00. He also suggests that you try and clean the fingerprints off the blades before they are etched in for good if they have not already done so. Just use a soft cloth to buff the blades.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Thanks, I'd passed info to the lady who's given me these daggers that I thought they'd be worth about ?300 - ?400, perhaps more depending on maker etc, so I was'nt too far out.

She was pleased that they would be valued by me for what they were & also that they had a monetary value.

I think she was just pleased that these items that her father had aquired were of real interest to people, having laid around in a drawer for decades.

The blades of these 2 daggers are in very good condition - the other LW dagger I referred to I bought with an army dagger about 1980, both had been "ruined" by then poisoned fingers, the prints deeply etched in black into the blades.

I attacked the pitting with oil & a copper brush from a rifle cleaning kit when I got them. At least I did'nt use sandpaper.

I'll put up a seperate thread to show them