News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aircraft id

Snoopy

• Replies 60
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl, another fine model here.

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/9-flug...1-j-shiden.html

Well snoopy not much to go from, if it's Japanese, the snub nose should make it a Nakajima Ki 27 Nate

The aircraft is not Japanese. It was actually flown by an american volunteer pilot, in a european conflict.

Thank's for the link. That's a great looking model. :jumping:

Snoopy

Excellent work!! :beer:

It might even be the same model from Tamiya that is in the link I posted.

Regards Eddie

Thank you very much. I believe that it's the same kit from Tamiya, I love these Japanese aircraft.

All the best

Snoopy

Spanish Civil War Caproni AP-1?

Spanish civil war is correct, and it's from the republican side. It's not a Caproni. The clue, is the extreme snub nose. I seem to remember that the Germans called it the "flying barrel". It allso had the nickname "rata".

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

Spanish civil war is correct, and it's from the republican side. It's not a Caproni. The clue, is the extreme snub nose. I seem to remember that the Germans called it the "flying barrel". It allso had the nickname "rata".

Snoopy

Hmm, still a tough one, there were loads of different planes in that conflict, how about the Polikarpov I-16 ? I think the "flying barrel" was a grumann?

AHHH, just saw the "Rata" its the Polikarpov :)

Regards Eddie.

Edited by Taz

Hmm, still a tough one, there were loads of different planes in that conflict, how about the Polikarpov I-16 ? I think the "flying barrel" was a grumann?

AHHH, just saw the "Rata" its the Polikarpov :)

Regards Eddie.

Correct. :beer: It's the Polikarpov I-16 type 10. Not the most beatiful aircraft that has been, but I think it,s kind of cool. My model is made from an old Hobbycraft kit, and the scale is 1:48. The original was flown by Derek Dickinson, in 1938. He was an american volunteer, on the republican side.

All the best

Snoopy