News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Aircraft id

Snoopy

Hello

I had a little fun, with a picture, of one of my models in photo shop. I know that the result, will not stand up to scrutiny. :blush: I wondered if anyone can identify the aircraft in the picture.

All the best

Snoopy

• Replies 60
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very Japanese. A Nakajima Gekko perhaps? Mitsubishi Dinah ? Or a Hyakushiki Shitei?

Hello Gordon

Aircraft number two is correct. :beer: It's a Mitsubishi Ki 46 III. Allied code name "Dinah". Probably one of the best observation aircraft of the war. The model is made from the Tamiya kit. The scale is 1:48.

All the best

Snoopy

Superb. I love the way you have shown the wear to the paint finish, though I suppose in Japanese terms this would be almost "pristine" compared with some aircraft I've seen in photos..

Hello Gordon

Thank you very much. Glad you like it. :jumping: Paint that was not of the best quality, used without a primer underneath, and tropical conditions, did havoc on the painted aircraft.

All the best

Snoopy

I am only having fun with these photos, and I have just started using photo shop, so I am only using the most basic functions. I think it's interesting to see, what one can do with a photo.

The same model, under attack.

Feel free to comment on my photo shop creations. I am trying to learn a bit about photo shop, and these pictures are just experiments. It allso gives me the opportunity to take my models down from the shelf, and dust them off.

All the best

Snoopy

The same model, as I believe it might have looked, if it was photographed by a low flying recce aircraft.