News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Labor in Silver

After reviewing the threads - I noticed that we seemed to have covered the Bronze and the Gold, but the Silver was not touched (though they were posted elsewhere..) To start off this thread - I will post a recent find: This is the Order of Labor in Silver issued from 1950 to 1953 when the Hungarian Parliament passed the 5th Law of 1953 (April) which disolved the Order of Labor in Gold, Silver and Bronze. In its place only the Order of Labor was used which was a gold class. To fill the gap of the silver and bronze classes in 1953 they used the Merit Medal of Socialst Labor (silver equivalent) and the Labor Merit Medal (bronze equivalent). This of course was done till 1964 when it was brought back in its three classes. Afte that the Merit Medal of Socialst Labor and the Labor Merit Medal were canceled.

You never know what you are going to find on a nice spring day...Order of Labor in Silver 1950 issue with the mini and ribbon bar. To say these are hard to come by is an understatement....

Guest Rick Research

Ooooooooooooo. I want one of THOSE !!!!! :love: What's a :love::love: like this set go for in these flaccid currencies days?

Guest Rick Research

Very nice double rivets M1964 with a real silver finish not Staybrite, and hot enamel white background:

Just to get an idea how rare the 1950 to 1954 sereis was: The list of numbers reflects all three grades awarded per year (acording to the data in the Blue Bible):

1950: 347

1951: 590

1952: 840

1953: 21