News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS collecting coin

Hello!

May I ask you, if anyone knows this coin.

It is for a collection of the standarte 52.

Are these coins common? Is there a market for these? What is the value about this one?

Thanks a lot!

With best Regards

isonzo

Hallo,

Thanks a lot for your commands.

In my opinion it is definitely an original coin. It is typical that the lines are not really sharp as real coins for paying.

These coins have bin used for collecting money for a SS Standarte. You can find them also for the other paramilitary organisations. Normally they are made of aluminium.

With best Regards!

isonzo

So it would be correct to say that the 'face value' of this coin was nothing, and that it indicated that someone had paid ten shillings for it as a donation toward the SS?

Johnsy

I personally have a very uneasy feeling about the coin it seems very much like the fantasy issues that were produced post war for the Channel Islands, allegedly to have been made for the the Todt organisation but in fact made in some numbers by an American entrepreneur in the 1970's (see Currencies of the Anglo-Norman Isles, A. L. T. McCammon, Spink 1984, p. 166).

I personally have a very uneasy feeling about the coin it seems very much like the fantasy issues that were produced post war for the Channel Islands, allegedly to have been made for the the Todt organisation but in fact made in some numbers by an American entrepreneur in the 1970's (see Currencies of the Anglo-Norman Isles, A. L. T. McCammon, Spink 1984, p. 166).

Very possible, i`m sure you`ll all agree there is an aweful lot of `dodgey` nazi stuff on the market... :speechless1::rolleyes:

Thank you all again for your thoughts.

I am not an expert in this material.

It is right that it is a donation. ?Baustein? is used in the meaning of donation.

It is used like WHW (Winterhilfswerk).

The copies I know had no function like in this case (donation). They normally only have a nazi devise

with nazi symbol. But maybe it is a copy - why not.

Very best

isonzo