News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Paul

Yeah trust me :jumping: Orange :cheeky: I will try and get a photo with the red set from Dion tommorow.

Heres the reverse of the cord

Congrats then on obtaining one of the rarer Heer Beamter boards!!!

The second set are LSW/SHD Fuhrer boards. These two organizations were part of Luftschutz. A very nice and not commonly seen insignia!

Nice!!! Are you sure that the recruiting field had High Grade Career personnel? Maybe the tabs are for another career that used the orange nebenfarbe?

I think the orange color was used only by recruiting officials.

Guest Rick Research

The fancy WW1 style tabs don't indicate that the official's RANK was necessarily "high," but that the level where he was assigned was-- so at Wehrkreis level or whatever. For instance, I think all pharmacists, regardless of actual rank, had the "bumpy" tabs. They were only assigned at that level.

The fancy WW1 style tabs don't indicate that the official's RANK was necessarily "high," but that the level where he was assigned was-- so at Wehrkreis level or whatever. For instance, I think all pharmacists, regardless of actual rank, had the "bumpy" tabs. They were only assigned at that level.

Hey Rick. You are right. The tabs had nothing to do with rank. They had to do with the career grade level the man was in. However, there was a certain range of paygrades in each level. There were a total of four career grade levels. The level was determined by the amount of education/experience the man had.

Lower Career Level- Feldwebel/Oberfeldwebel- Grade school education without further education/qualification was required.

Medium Career Level- Oberfeldwebel/Oberleutnant- High School Diploma and an apprenticeship of a trade was required.

Elevated Career Level- Leutnant/Oberstleutant- Educational level between High School and College, with an addition two-three years of practical training required.

Highest Grade Career- Leutnant/Generalleutnant- University degree is required.

The serrated litzen were indicative of the "High Grade Career" level. For this level, the position or specialty required a full college degree.

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul

I am working out of "DIE DEUTSCHE WEHRMACHT Uniformierung und Ausr?stung 1933-1945" Vol 1 "DAS HEER" by Adolf Schlicht/John R. Angolia

I only have the 1939 regulatios translated to date,

There were only a few ranks at the start which also differentiated the career level

Kriegsverwaltungsrat, Kriegszahnartz, and Dolmetscher held the rank of Major, and was an official of the higher service

Kriegsverwaltungsoberinspektor held the rank of Hauptmann and was an official of the elevated service

Kriegsvewaltungsinspektor held the rank of Leutnant and was an official of the elevated/middle service

In the lower service, the career level was designated by the word "Kriegs", for example Kriegssekretar, Kriegswaffenmeister.

The nebenfarbe for the interpreter was karminesrot, that of the dentist's dark blue (kornblumenblau). Kriegspfarrer carried neither collar tabs nor shoulder cords.

Kriegsverwalungsrat Interwoven Aluminum rayon braid. With a 1 mm dunkelgr?nen cord. There are 9 ? 11 loops on the side of the cords

Kriegsverwaltungsoberinspektor Constructed with one Aluminum rayon braid folded upon its self. With a 1 mm dunkelgr?nen cord in between; with two gold colored woven, narrow slides.

Kriegsverwaltungsinspektor Same as above but with only 1 slide

Kriegsverwaltungssekretar Same as above but with no slides

Kriegsverwaltungsassistant Constructed with one dunkelgr?nen rayon braid folded upon its self. With a 1 mm aluminum cord in between; two narrow, woven slides out of aluminum

Kriegsmagazinemeister Same as above with one slide in the middle

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 2 weeks later...