News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks for the extra photos!

The underside of the visor looks so "brand new" that, when coupled with the "tapering off" of the embroidery in a manner usually associated with postwar examples, I am still on the fence. On the positive side. I would be prepared accept all the rest as OK. A real quandry....

Has anyone else seen the embroidery "taper off" like this? It would be very nice to know if this "textbook" area is, in fact, a myth. There are too many myths in this hobby already!

Best,

Harrier

The photo on post 14 certain seems to show the buckram type band stiffener associated with genuine period caps, even if its in a rather unusual colour.

Overall I'd say there are more good things about this cap than bad. Positioning of the peak with the tail end of the embroidery exposed still bothers me, but could just have been resewn at some point if it was coming loose.

I'm with Michel on this one. Difficult to be 100% sure without examining it in hand, but its pretty convincing so far. None of the niggling things are major problems than can't be explained, especially with a cap coming from one of the smaller manufacturers.

Easy to point out errors in caps from Erel or other big makers where there are countless other genuine examples to compare with. With small firms like the one who made this, not so easy as we just don't know what one of their "typical" caps looked like.

The photo on post 14 certain seems to show the buckram type band stiffener associated with genuine period caps, even if its in a rather unusual colour.

Overall I'd say there are more good things about this cap than bad. Positioning of the peak with the tail end of the embroidery exposed still bothers me, but could just have been resewn at some point if it was coming loose.

I'm with Michel on this one. Difficult to be 100% sure without examining it in hand, but its pretty convincing so far. None of the niggling things are major problems than can't be explained, especially with a cap coming from one of the smaller manufacturers.

Easy to point out errors in caps from Erel or other big makers where there are countless other genuine examples to compare with. With small firms like the one who made this, not so easy as we just don't know what one of their "typical" caps looked like.

Hello!

Gordon

I agree with You and Michel.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

Thank you all for your comments. As Gordon says it's difficult to judge these "none textbook" types as there is nothing to compare with. I think still I want to add this to my collection since I like it.

Cheers Frode