News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saddam Hussein Awards in my collection

I spent a period of 3 years in Iraq training and leading former Iraqi Officers in demining and EOD tasks.

My actual field of collecting and interest is the South Africans who fought in France in the first World War and this collection includes militaria,badges,medals and decorations as well as other related artifacts.

I developed an initial interest in Iraqi awards and gradually built up a collection.The collection of the Saddam Awards was in the possession of a former senior Iraqi officer who eventually sold them to me.

The items were displayed at the South African National Museum of Military History for nearly a year.

The frame shows the actual current display.

Do you have reason to believe that these are "his"? And not just a replica group (easy enough to assemble).

And, if they are "his", that they are legal under international laws and treaties on war plunder?

Still, pretty things . . . :beer:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Ed,

Very difficult to say,I personally think that with the number of items that were and are available on the market make them not attributable and agree that they can be made up.They make an attractive display item and are not numbered or named so I would see them as examples of what would have been worn.In articles that have been written it also appears as if many such sets are available and more will become available as time goes by.I remember seeing and reading an article in a magazine regarding another set in the U.S.A. that was also purchased in Baghdad.

Guest IMHF

Ed,

Very difficult to say,I personally think that with the number of items that were and are available on the market make them not attributable and agree that they can be made up.They make an attractive display item and are not numbered or named so I would see them as examples of what would have been worn.In articles that have been written it also appears as if many such sets are available and more will become available as time goes by.I remember seeing and reading an article in a magazine regarding another set in the U.S.A. that was also purchased in Baghdad.

His name is LTC John E. Strandberg he got his from my antique dealer friend from Baghdad, Iraq. He talks about his medals like Saddam's Medal Bar in the Military Advisor. I have 3 Wisam al Jadaras and 3 of each other medals to make 3 Saddam like Medal bars. The Wisam al Jadara First Class prices have gone up to $1,200.00 now with case. There are two types one made from Arthus Bertrand and the other made by Huguenin (le Loche, Switzerland) The difference from the two is that the flash in between the Republic Eagle and oil towers is cut away and the other does not. see in my other posts on the Wisam al Jadara.

Very beautiful full collection: All of the world who seen them at the South Afracain Museum believe it was Saddam's medals and Orders, Awesome collection William. I loved the news artical video clip of the display you had there, thank you for sharing them.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 2 months later...

Medal bar showing the details of the "Saddam" awards.

These awards have been discussed in great detail in other threads on the same topic.

I would love to see the back side or reverse side of the Medal bar. I want to see how they are attached together and what type of mounting system it has.

Thank you

Lornzo

Edited by IMHF

Not jerkily friends! The ground on this display will be show, what for awards will have Mr. Hussein. The question is not original or for tourist!!! Original awards will be with original documents for this awards. I mean, that we are FALERISTIK?s and not Numismatic?s collectors! All documents will be have other office in a other country. You knowe!! Or will be lost in last days, before come other interest.

Same 1945 in germany.

Not jerkily friends! The ground on this display will be show, what for awards will have Mr. Hussein. The question is not original or for tourist!!! Original awards will be with original documents for this awards. I mean, that we are FALERISTIK?s and not Numismatic?s collectors! All documents will be have other office in a other country. You knowe!! Or will be lost in last days, before come other interest.

Same 1945 in germany.

WH

Still has a beautiful collection here: I would pay some big bucks for it. The only problem is to William it is priceless and not for sell.

Lorenzo