News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Opinion about my new purchase please

Noor

Hello,

Here is one my new item - Badge of the Military Order of St. Georg.

I would like to hear some opionions about that. Also is there any chance to get original ribbon with the plate for that? Maybe someone have one for a sale? :rolleyes:

05409189d7aa5c_l.jpg

Like I understand, its awarded 1917 or up??

0540920362a8f4_l.jpg

Hello,

Here is one my new item - Badge of the Military Order of St. Georg.

I would like to hear some opionions about that. Also is there any chance to get original ribbon with the plate for that? Maybe someone have one for a sale? :rolleyes:

Like I understand, its awarded 1917 or up??

Noor,

Let's hear what some of our more specialized collegues think, but I personally would not get in a big hurry to look for a ribbon and suspension for this :rolleyes:

Marc

Noor,

Let's hear what some of our more specialized collegues think, but I personally would not get in a big hurry to look for a ribbon and suspension for this :rolleyes:

Marc

I?ve never see such example with this number on the cross upper arm: 1/M. By the way if your list is correct and is for all classes of the St. Georg, this come from the russo-japanese war...

On the ribbons, you can put, as a stop gap, if the GMIC don?t anathemize this, a USSR Victory over germany mount (kolodka), if you wants I have some replacement ribbon too...

regards

Miguel.

PS/ Remind the bar pics...Below is the mine, 3th class, SNr: 128161 (Kaucassus??)

Lapa,

Do you think the cross is not good? :catjava:

Hello hipnos,

1/M means that this cross is made after no. 1 million. Just because after January 1917 there wasnt enough space for a serial number.

"Б" on the left arm and "M" on the right is initials from; "bel?i metal" what means "white metal". Just war period there wasn't enough silver for a awards.

Thanks for the idea regarding the ribbon :jumping:

Lapa,

Do you think the cross is not good? :catjava:

Noor,

As I mentioned, Imperial Russia is not my cup of tea, I specialize in the next period :rolleyes:

That being said, being based in the former Evil Empire, I regularly get to handle some of these. Talking only for myself and based on my (limited) experience of these, I would pass on this one.

Marc

The 1/M mention means that its number is 1 million 219 thousend 933= 1219933

The b on the left cross arm and the M on the right= bM means that the medal is made in a silver coloured metal rather than silver.

This is perfectly consistent with the high serial number.

I would say this cross was given just before the revolution in 1917.

Jan

Edited by Vatjan

• 2 weeks later...

I like to be 100% sure before i put it on sale or offer this cross for a trade :unsure: . I do not collect Imperial Russia period.

I would like to hear more oppinions about this award. I am pretty sure, that its fine but just in case.... and what shows that?

:cheers: