News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two new Police related photos.

Wanted to share these two new Police photos.

I particularly like the schellenbaum ( I think thats spelt right ) photo which I found on ebay.

The other is also interesting, would anyone have any opinions as to the unit. My initial thought is that the enlisted men are foreign auxiliaries in German service. Unfortunately the arm eagles can not be made out but to my eyes it has an Eastern European feel.

Guest Rick Research

They are either midgets, or the lone German was a giraffe. :speechless1:

Those are not German uniforms--wrong number of buttons-- so I think you are right, and they are some sort of auxiliaries, with German Police collar insignia.

I think they are just older reservists being trained for duty by an NCO. They are German police, not Hilfspolizei from the east. They wear the police insignia on the overseas cap as well as the sleeves. The collar insignia and dark uniforms might be older Prussian re-used material. Notice they are using Kar 98a rifles.

Guest Rick Research

No-- that's why I mentioned the buttons. The Weimar era "Green Police" uniforms had the same 8 button front and slanted hip pockets as Reichsheer tunics-- not 6 buttons as here.