News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What's Wrong with this Picture?

Yep, reversed order. no photo of the back of the bar posted on his site. Just a close-up of the 3 LS ribbons/devices. Devices look real. Ribbons are real. If it was a tab-back, it could be "fixed".... but $390? That's not a bad price for what would amount to the 5th or 6th real one I've seen!

A little steep but it depends on how important it is to one's collecting goals. Great eye, Rick!

Now I am confused.....:unsure:

I don't collect ribbon or medal bars so have no idea, Bob says a little steep & Rick says not a bad price.... What do these things fetch?

Cheers

Don

Guest Rick Research

The NSDAPS should be : 25, 15, 10, not 10, 15, 25. Red Cross/Volkspflege awards wander all over-- precedence seems never to have been either followed nor understood--then. The position of that one doesn't bother me.

I am always dubious of bars with NS 25s-- they are rarer than hen's teeth. This needs to be "fine tooth combed" including back, but from the error in the precedence, I wouldn't say it's worth the risk.

The NSDAPS should be : 25, 15, 10, not 10, 15, 25. Red Cross/Volkspflege awards wander all over-- precedence seems never to have been either followed nor understood--then. The position of that one doesn't bother me.

I am always dubious of bars with NS 25s-- they are rarer than hen's teeth. This needs to be "fine tooth combed" including back, but from the error in the precedence, I wouldn't say it's worth the risk.

Rick.

Of course - you are right about the NSDAPs being back to front.

I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

I think if you can find an authentic example of a ribbon bar with these three awards on it, for under $400, you're doing very, very well..... Currently, there are less than six (6) known within the global collecting/forum community.