News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hey, I thought you gave up collecting German stuff! :shame:

Seriously though, that's a great score in more ways than one! Beautiful!! :cheers:

Tim

Almost but not entirely, just gave up on the bulk of 3rd Reich stuff. Back to my collecting roots and just concentrating on Kriegsmarine and Feldgendarmerie. Mind you even if I had given up completely, I wouldn't have been able to resist a bargain like this ! :P

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

HI GOOD ONE GORDON DO YOU KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THE SOLD BRASS ONE BY FEC.OTTO PLACZEK.BERLIN AUSF C.E JUNKER BERLIN I BOUGHT IT 5 YEARS AGO AT A POST CARD FAIR THAT AND A LATE ZINK MINE SWEEPER BADGE JUST SOLD AND HAVE NOW GOT A SCHWERIN TOMBAC ONE THE DEAL BOUGHT A BAG OF MEDALS MOST BRITISH FOR ?45 THE DEALER PAST AWAY LAST YEAR :unsure:

Hi Stuart,

The material you refer to as Brass, most likely was Tombak. Its a yellow metal alloy with a bronze type appearance but when rubbed/polished it can look like Brass. The one you had, if it appeared brass, was probably from the same base metal as the one in this thread.

Hi Stuart,

The material you refer to as Brass, most likely was Tombak. Its a yellow metal alloy with a bronze type appearance but when rubbed/polished it can look like Brass. The one you had, if it appeared brass, was probably from the same base metal as the one in this thread.

thank you gordon for that about 3 years ago before i got my own computer there was a high fleet naval badge the same as the coastal artillery badge on ebay the seller said that he got it from his father is it true or an other fake i have no pics of it sorry thought i would ask as you are well in to german naval cheers all the best hope you dont get to much sun burnt this summer! :D