News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK2 Marked 925

I went to a local show here in Ontario today and found this. It's a 1914 EK2 that is marked 925 for silver content on the ring. I've never heard of an EK2 being marked 925, just 800, but I guess anything is possible. The cross seems fine to me. I'm just wondering about the mark. Has anyone heard of or seen an EK2 marked 925? I know 1st classes are seen with this mark, but 2nd class, I'm not sure. Do i have something nice here or is there something else going on?

I seem to recall that EK's of both classes may be found in 800, 925, 938 and 950 silver. Much less common to find markings from the 900 content on the EKII, but not so uncommon on the EKI. If you will take a look at the "Der Rittmeister" website, you will see many examples of crosses marked in the 900 silver content range.