News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Are the band and piping actually PINK, and the cap dark blue? Have to be very precise about colors to get the right regimental identification.

The Reichs cockade should be up top and the Prussian one on the pink band, but before moving them, you need somebody with better knowledge to confirm that the unit was indeed Prussian.

If pink, some version of cavalry, definitely--but I couldn't say more than that for a precise ID. The cockades are for a senior NCO or officer.

Is there a maker's name and address in the lining? That would really nail down a local connection to a pre-war unit.

Thanks for your reply Rick!

....it is not a dark blue as a Kriegsmarine of TR era.....somewhat a grey-blue colour I would say.....the other colour is pink.....the inside can be seen in this pic...no writings there....

Guest Rick Research

Bingo! Westphalian Dragoon Regiment 7, Saarbr?cken. :cheers:

Cockades are correct, just inexplicably switched.

Right smack in our GIs' "souvenir alley" in 1945.

Cavalry officers continued to wear their pre-war colored hats even with wartime Feldgrau uniforms.

:cheers: Thanks a lot Rick. Would have been impossible for me to identify :rolleyes:

No idea how the switched cockades came into place,but best thing is they are the right ones :cheers:

Thanks again!

Very nice visor cap. Dragoons were allowed to wear this cap with their field grey uniform as well at the pre war uniform. Very attractive.

Edited by ccj

While it looks fine from the outside, I've got to scratch my head about what is going on inside. This "sweat diamond" is typical of later caps, not imperial and the font style of the printing is also typical of postwar and later periods. It's hard for me to see clearly, but I think the cockades are also the thicker (the silver rings) 3rd Reich variety. This may be a "Traditions" cap.

Chip

Very nice Cap, Rosenberg! Wonderful condition. There is also one on kaisersbunker in Tony's collection. Worth a peak I should say.

My dad has an engraved sword belonging to this Regt. Shall I post images of it in this thread or in it's own sword thread? It would be great to see the two side by side (if only on the internet.)

Thanks For sharing.

Kind regards...Henry