News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

heres a weird one i found while on my endless search for medal bars!

kind of cool but a bit expensive not into serbian awards so I am not sure of the value

thought you guys might like to see it ! and see if you new why serbian amd prussia? a diplomat?

sorry back of bar pics i can't get off site!

Guest Rick Research

The St. Sava was often given to businessmen.

It's a beautiful Order but absolutely hopeless to ever identify as a single award to a German civilian.

Ever read the famous story by Pushkin about the Mayor of a small town's medal lust for the order of the Sun...and later the Order of a St. Sava?

They were handed out by Consuls in the 1890s-1900s quite easily.

Edited by Ulsterman

Ever read the famous story by Pushkin about the Mayor of a small town's medal lust for the order of the Sun...and later the Order of a St. Sava?

They were handed out by Consuls in the 1890s-1900s quite easily.

Yash translated Pushkin's short story in a 1960s-70s Medal Collector; have otherwise only seen it in English in a 1950s paperback Penguin collection. It's well worth reading, not only for ordens-lust insights.

Yash translated Pushkin's short story in a 1960s-70s Medal Collector; have otherwise only seen it in English in a 1950s paperback Penguin collection. It's well worth reading, not only for ordens-lust insights.

Yeah-he did a good job too. I was reading it last week at the bus stop...."he tossed and turned in the bed, wanting, desiring yearning for the Order".