News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this one possible to ID...

W?rttemberg officer with some foreign awards. Unfortunitly he but 30-s Hindenburg ribbon top of the middle ribbon. I must say I am very attempted to take it off but.... let it be like it is.

Is the second Crown order? Also last two ribbons, what awards they are?

05819551884e4f_l.jpg

Edited by Noor

nice ribbon bar, unfortunitly without needle system but great device from Oldenburg and swords on Bremen cross :speechless: Navy?

05819329649a41_l.jpg

Edited by Noor

Is this one possible to ID...

W?rttemberg officer with some foreign awards. Unfortunitly he but 30-s Hindenburg ribbon top off the middle ribbon. I must say I am very attempted to take it off but.... let it be like it is.

Is the second Crown order? Also last two ribbons, what awards they are?

05819551884e4f_l.jpg

Hello !

If he is a w?rttemberg officier, maybe the second ribbon is frederic order ?

:cheers:

Oh, and here is one medal bar as well...

Can someone please post it up how looks the last Ottoman war medal... Its look like it was in there or what anothers think - to I have to look it or just keep the medal bar like it is? :unsure:

058196779ab756_o.jpg

The W?rttemberg officer from #2 has a W?rttemberg Friedrichs order and a Brunswick merit order. He put the 1934 Ehrenkreuz ribbon above his W?rttemberg Wilhelmskreuz' ribbon - but please don't change that, I'd say it has something individual, though it was strange and stupid by the wearer. The last ribbon's for a Prussian 1897 medal. ;)

The foreign awards on the home made bar are an Austrian military merit cross 3rd class, an Ottoman liyakat medal and an Ottoman war medal (that's the socalled "Galipoli star"!).

The bar with Baltic cross in #4 is a Godet made bar and I believe to be the bar from #5 to be navy. I'm missing a device "VOR DEM FEINDE" on one of my bars. If someone ever get's a lose one... ;)

Well, all in all nice bars, Timo. ;)

Edited by saschaw

The last ribbon's for a Prussian 1897 medal. ;)

Ohh, its not very yellow looking but then its make sence to me even! :jumping:

By the way saschaw, can you please check your message box, its not full? :Cat-Scratch:

Guest Rick Research

The STUPID and INCORRECT wearing of an EMPTY Turkish War Medal star ribbon on German medal bars is quite common. It looks retarded, but that's how that guy wore it. Of course, you need the pinback star to wear on the right side of his stomach now....

Here is 1917 Tigris-Euphrates Flotilla super-hero and later the only paymaster Admiral in the Kriegsmarine, Marine-Oberzahlmeister August B?ning in 1924 wearing this just plain stupid styel on his medal bar then-- and with the Turkish War Medal star in correct pinback wear:

Guest Rick Research

As a RIBBON bar there are too many completely different things several of the ribbons could be-- Prussian Crown Order? etc etc so not even possible to say that it WAS an officer's bar.

With the covered Wilhelmskreuz I was and am pretty sure it's an W?rttemberg officer's bar with FO and Brunswick merit order, both pre war peace time awards - and sold it as this. I hope I was indeed right and am very sorry if it should be something else... :speechless:

Right, you never know for sure, but it was the most likely and the one thing that made sense. Plus, if it's this it should be identifiable as the "foreign" awards to W?rttemberg's military pre 1914 are "done". ;)

• 9 months later...

How about Hauptmann Richard Graf von Rambaldi, Kompaniechef im KW IR 124 for the W?rttemberg/Brunswick bar? He's the only W?rttemberg officer to receive the Brunswick merit order 3b shortly before WWI, I found no other non-W?rttemberg pre WWI awards for him - and none in WWI.

Thanks to Mr. Bretzendorfer and Mr. Krause for listing non-W?rttemberg awards to W?rttemberg military persons. ;)