News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Budapest "Liberation" Medal

After living in the liberated city for over 7 years - I have hardly encountered these medals (belive it or not). I have th eopportunity to purchase this example, but I know they are heavily faked. Any opinions on this one. Seller states its a "Type 2"... Any help apreciated.

reverse

e

I have one that is exactly lake yours. I bough my medal 10 years ago...and I think that, then, there are plenty of they and one don?t be worried about fakes...Somewhat candid??, perhaps but The medal and the Kolodka (suspension pentagon) seems Ok for me (Not an expert).

Regards and Greetings ;)

Miguel

PS/ By the way, I?ve stay for a days at Budapest. I?ve stay near Mathias Church...Splendid View of the Great Danube and the parlament buildings. Great and Royal City, with still many scares on their buildings to show their last 100 years of turbulent history. I like she very much ( I?ve bought a USSR Slava 2nd class at a little shop in Pest).

I?m deligted eating excellent goulash and too caviar at a russian restaurant called: "Arany caviar", very near the old town of Buda... (I think I have not mistaken Both Cities). :cheers:

Greetins again

Miguel

Thank you Miguel -

Its a very nice city for certian. There are so many scars from the war and the 1956 Revolution still around.

Does anyone know what type this is - early, mid, late???

Thank you Miguel -

Its a very nice city for certian. There are so many scars from the war and the 1956 Revolution still around.

Does anyone know what type this is - early, mid, late???

It's a variation 1 with seperately soldered ring, 1940s-50s.

Brendan