News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Similer designs throughout the Communist States.

Hungary does not have anything close to the rifle, anchor, and propeller. Lacking a sizeable water port - it was pointless. This is the badge of the MHSz "Hungarian Freedom Fighters Assosciaion" - a paramilitary organization which focused on spreading comminism and sports...

• 4 weeks later...

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

with regards the D.D.R insignia above, today I was having a look through the Gypsy market in Deva,

Its held every weekend on Sunday morning and usually its 90% crap but I spotted this:-

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Some teenager has super-glued the cloth badge upside-down to the school bag :banger:

I took it for 2 Euro, but will have to consider carefully cutting the badge,

from the flap of the bag (which then hopefully the flap, can be repaired with a more suitable patch),

Darn youngsters and super-glue :speechless:

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

More Hungarian Badges:-

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-950-1212775354.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-950-1212776825.jpg

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

Kevin,

Great badge and a set of initials I have not seen before. Common ones are MHS amd MHSZ. This would appear to be another variation on the two I quoted previously because the badge itself is the same as others I have woth MHS or MHSZ on them.

Regards,

Gordon

Here is a number of stick pins issued by the Hungarian MHSZ. Each pin represents a different military skill taught by the MHSZ before people entered their obligatory military service. The pins clearly illustrate the individual skills taught.

Regards,

Gordon