News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kapitanleutnant Roderich Schwonder

To me it would be "Dive Dive Dive" for cover. The group just doesn't make sense to me. The guy served 1870 and was still going about 1920 to have received that badge and no real in between awards. 1870 EKII on bar should surely have the second award bar. For the price it's being offered for, total madness IMO.

Mike

Guest Rick Research

Ruined medal bar, REALLY dubious naval airship badge... nothing but INITIALS as "attribution?"

:o :speechless:

Mike, those were my thoughts also. At the least he should have the repitition clasp for the EK2. (assuming he left the service right after the 1870-71 war and then rejoined in 1914. Anyone have his service record? Google turns up squat.

Rick, please summon the demon to tell us what we need to know. The seller isn't too pleased to have it being discussed imo, but for 15k oh well.

Edited by dond

Schwonder, Roderich 1901, 04.10. Pr. Eisernes Kreuz 1914 I. Kl. Kapit?nleutnant 1918, 02.14.R L 50, Kommandant, franz?sische Kriegsgefangenschaft

Schwonder, Roderich 1901, 04.10. DR Erinnerungsabzeichen f?r Marineluftschiffer Kapit?nleutnant 1920, 08.01.S L 13 und L 50, Kommandant

Schwonder entered the imperial german navy in april 1901.

Regards

NavalMark

Guest Rick Research

1870 EK2... "1870" Medal with battle bar (read: Hindenburg Cross "retrofitted").... NCO's M1913 medal for 12 years service---

NO 1897 Centenary Medal which every veteran of 1870 received and would have had if alive in 1913....

and that has NOTHING to do with the supposed airships officer "identification."

Medal bar = screwed with junk... added to case....

uh....

I am SURE everything ELSE is of course perfect and original. :rolleyes:

Thanks Rick and everyone else. It is as I thought. Just trying to save some poor smoe from dropping 15k on a worthless grouping.

I am SURE everything ELSE is of course perfect and original. :rolleyes:

Well.... I wouldn't go that far. I saw this group and Don's thread on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum and I felt sorry for the guy, so I'll leave it at that.

Well.... I wouldn't go that far. I saw this group and Don's thread on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum and I felt sorry for the guy, so I'll leave it at that.

Like you Tim, I also feel sorry for the seller that bought this group in good faith and fell for the story that he was told. The age old addage of "Don't believe the story, check the item" comes to mind.

However, I do feel that he should swallow his loss on this group and not try to make a profit out of his misfortune at the expense of others.

Thank heavens for the internet and these forums.

Mike

Guest Rick Research

Ayuh, that puts the squander to good old Schwonder, dunnit? :catjava:

I have no idea where or who is involved in this since I don't go anywhere but here...

but if this is NOT a Ghastly Object Lesson in

(Homer Simpson noises)

investing in essential basic reference books BEFORE plunging off 15K cliffs...

I don't know what is. :rolleyes: