News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Before attempting to read those-- have you already got translations?

Could you please make the scans BIGGER-- the citation is especially hard to read.

Do you have the reverse side of the Awards Record Card showing ALL his awards?

Do you have the top of the citation page giving his other personal details and war service?

Guest Rick Research

OK-- just POST the translations then. :cheers: (It is dark and raining here and hard for me to strain my eye if I don't need to.)

I can see something about him shooting up 2 cars and 2 Rumanian transport vehicles on 24.8.44 and capturing X0 (10?) Germans and Rumanians, which is quite a feat for the gun commander of an anti-tank exterminator regiment! (What did he and his handful of men DO outnumbered by those prisoners while moving and firing their gun?) He also seems to have been a VERY old student of something "MBS" (abbreviations again :banger: ) when the Awards Record Card was filled out.

Looks like he lived under the German occupation, since he only served in the Red Army 1944-45.

• 3 months later...

Very nice one indeed!

My Russian is going worse and worse, especially last years... hard even to understand names some moments because the writings. Anyway, you have good eye Rick! :cheers: