News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

about price of a red star

Wait, which $500,000+ set? The one on collectrussia (that one's only 498k though :rolleyes: )? I think that is still for sale though. Or is it some other amazing set I haven't seen?

BTW, I just checked Craig Gottlieb's site, where I was shocked to find a number of amazing groups and medals. Unfortunately, most are on hold, and so no prices are listed. Does anyone know what these were selling for?

Can someone tell me, why the prices are exploding like hell? Over 350 Euros for a Red Banner, thats sick. What happenend suddenly? If I remember, that I could get them at flea markets for 25 DM about 10 years ago... :banger::banger: :banger:

The usual answer, which may not be sufficient, seems to revolve around a large number of very well financed Russians -- some serious collectors, some investors, some wealth-concealers -- who vacuum up everything. Repatriation is not so bad, I guess, if they are collectors, but once the Soviet stuff has "gone home" it will probably be staying there, even if the Russian mafia interest evaporates or moves on.

Guest Rick Research

THREE years ago I got BORED flipping through a cardboard box of over 200 Red Banners...at $40 apiece. Nothing "exciting" leaped out at me. They were all 1945 "war's over here'a a gong" and :sleep: 1950s long service pieces.

What is driving this market is an irrational (clinically insane) RUSSIAN money-as-toilet-paper crowd of buyers, all happily filling apartments, apparently, with 75,000 Red Stars and 25,000 Red Banners but

not YET, anyway :unsure:

millions and millions of jubilee medals.

In heaps and piles and truckloads. :speechless:

:unsure: But just in case... better start buying up every 1978 Armed Forces Jubilee Medal you can lay your hands on... before it is... too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

There is, more rationally, the possibility (rather dinished now?) of research for these things plus the appearance of high-quality reference books in English. Add research and references and prices will rise legitimately.