News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

its 21 mm from arm to arm, and massive! (but very thin)

(not thought about the pebbling and the medaillon - so its very strange, but the details are really good, and its, at least for me, no know copy)

hope you can help me, bringing light into the darkness!

christian

An excellent question Christian..... I think not so much made special for someone, lapel chains & buttoniers, barettes, etc. date back to the Napoleonic eras..... but it sure would be interesting if there was anyway to delineate exactly what era this piece was from!

An excellent question Christian..... I think not so much made special for someone, lapel chains & buttoniers, barettes, etc. date back to the Napoleonic eras..... but it sure would be interesting if there was anyway to delineate exactly what era this piece was from!

If I remember correctly, the 4th model was introduced in 1864. The first model was used c.1830 as I recall, so it would be someone who was awarded the 1st model and needed a mini after 1864. Not that big of a stretch, perhaps he displayed his original and told the jeweler he "needed a mini like this" That is the only reason I can think of that it would have been made with no enamel. The jeweler is not going to turn away business and made him what he wanted.

Dan Murphy