News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My MP 44

ksg

Hello

My MP 44 marked bnz for Steyr. It also got a subcontractor stamp on the for pressed horizontal forward grip, cof for Carl Eickhorn Waffenfabrik, Solingen.

Kjell

That is an incredible piece! Is it fully operational?

Thanks Paul! Yes, all my guns are in OK :) Have used this very little lately, due to shortage of ammunition. I still have 300-400 DDR produced cartridges left but.... Saving them for a rainy day, or until someone start producing again.

Kjell

What a fantastic piece! I certainly agree with that being the forefront to any display. I love it!

Regards,

Joel

Thanks Joel, glad you to liked it !

Kjell

• 1 month later...

Hi Kjell

What a fantastic assault rifle you have shown :jumping::jumping: . Only once I have seen a stutmgewehr at a local gun show and that was for display purposes only. IN the States they are extremely difficult to find as I believe you need to have special license to obtain such a weapon for they can be used as automatic. In Europe are these guns & MP 40's common to find? Are the shows in Norway filled with these weapons & not so costly? Enjoyed seeing your sturmgewehr, always nice to view an orginal... Thanks

Sincerely

Brian

Hi Kjell

What a fantastic assault rifle you have shown :jumping::jumping: . Only once I have seen a stutmgewehr at a local gun show and that was for display purposes only. IN the States they are extremely difficult to find as I believe you need to have special license to obtain such a weapon for they can be used as automatic. In Europe are these guns & MP 40's common to find? Are the shows in Norway filled with these weapons & not so costly? Enjoyed seeing your sturmgewehr, always nice to view an orginal... Thanks

Sincerely

Brian

Hello Brian

Glad you enjoyed the guns!

Sturmgewehs are not so common in Norway. I have seen a few left from the war but the were almost impossible to get before the end of DDR. The one I got was picked out from a small pile, 25-30, coming from Germany in the mid 90?s. They were a mixed lot of Stgw 43, Stgw 44 and MP 44?s. I have seen some for sale the last years but they get fewer and fewer. I have no idea what the price will be today, the last for sale was about $ 1200 - 1400 . I think I payed $ 750 - 800.

MP 40?s however, are very common, I don?t know any collectors who don?t have at least one. They were used by the Norwegian Army for a long time after the war and the by the National Guard (also MP 38?s). Some places they must have been in storages until late 80?s early 90?s. I sorry to tell, but tons of them went into the melting pot and was turned into nails, not far from where I live. Fortunately The National Defense Museum picked out MP 38?s, special and nice MP 40?s. Some are now sold to members of the Nation Gun Historical Society. Unfortunately deactivated. About $ 500 to members (also MP 38?s). The price for a MP 40 on the market about $ 1200.

Kjell

Hello Brian

Glad you enjoyed the guns!

Sturmgewehs are not so common in Norway. I have seen a few left from the war but the were almost impossible to get before the end of DDR. The one I got was picked out from a small pile, 25-30, coming from Germany in the mid 90?s. They were a mixed lot of Stgw 43, Stgw 44 and MP 44?s. I have seen some for sale the last years but they get fewer and fewer. I have no idea what the price will be today, the last for sale was about $ 1200 - 1400 . I think I payed $ 750 - 800.

MP 40?s however, are very common, I don?t know any collectors who don?t have at least one. They were used by the Norwegian Army for a long time after the war and the by the National Guard (also MP 38?s). Some places they must have been in storages until late 80?s early 90?s. I sorry to tell, but tons of them went into the melting pot and was turned into nails, not far from where I live. Fortunately The National Defense Museum picked out MP 38?s, special and nice MP 40?s. Some are now sold to members of the Nation Gun Historical Society. Unfortunately deactivated. About $ 500 to members (also MP 38?s). The price for a MP 40 on the market about $ 1200.

Kjell

Hi Kjell

I'm absolutely floored in what you have stated. To ever find a MP 44 is a real stroke of good luck & expect to pay 15,000 or better for one in fine condition. The MP 40's also extremely rare and bring 8000 & up. To have one in a collection would be the jewel in the crown to any collection. A decent conditioned luger with orginal finish & matching numbers would fetch over two thousand in your country only a fraction I suppose. As I understand after the demise of the DDR the German machine guns became abundant to the west. I would have thought the DDR military would have used Soviet made & destroyed all Nazi material. Shocking that so many were melted for nails :speechless1: I hope they stoped doing that, certainly they'd do better selling to collectors. One must live in Norway to ever build such a collection for in the States it is illegal unless you get special license from law enforcement. One can easily buy a fake but thats no fun...

Sincerely

Brian

Sincerely

Brian