News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am looking for original cases for my orders. How difficult are these to find?

Paul

Paul,

What time-frame?

Generally speaking, the standard red boxes should not be that difficult to find, with some variation due to period; now, regarding the velvet insert, I have only seen one offered for sale over the past 5 years...

If you are after a hero box (HSL or HSU), the problem will be altogether different :rolleyes:

Marc

Well,

I have an Order of Lenin with a 1966 date on the document, which I am dying to find a case for.

I have other orders such as the flat back order of Badge of Honor, Order of Friendship, Red Banner of Labor, and many others. I would like to find cases for all if not at least some of them eventually.

REgards

Paul

These cases come up from time to time...or at least they used to. At one time I had four or five empty ones in my collection; I bought them from a guy in Georgia (the country) for something like $10 a pop. I used them to store keys for my display boxes...

How common was it to keep boxes with groups? Collecting Soviet awards from 1992 to 2007, I had just two groups that maintained original boxes with the awards. Since the boxes didn't have any sort of packing material in them and were thus pretty useless to keep awards in, they were normally tossed or put to more utilitarian uses...like holding keys. :rolleyes:

As far as boxes with the velvet liner, I've only seen those in person with awards given to foreigners and in the photos of some of the high-end awards during their presentation ceremonies. I've never seen a run-of-the-mill Lenin or Red Banner (etc.) awarded with a box with the padded velvet liner. And as Marc says, they are super rare...even when normal boxes were easy to find.

And to find either the orange or red plastic box or the leatherette box for the Friendship of Nations....whoa...good luck...

Dave