News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Brotherhood and Unity 1CL - last type

Gentlemen,

with the time the quality of communist OMDs continually decreased.

I think hier is the good example of this process: we have seen ring painted with gold color, new is that this time enamel was painted with the red color as well.

What do you think?

1. Is it 'home made'

2. Or is it last type

Hm... great piece for discussion.

It is little odd that the "gold paint" is visible on the back(of outer ring), I also notice that in the inner ring is no enamel but red paint. Unfortunately I don't have similar to compare it with.

Gentlemen,

with the time the quality of communist OMDs continually decreased.

I think hier is the good example of this process: we have seen ring painted with gold color, new is that this time enamel was painted with the red color as well.

What do you think?

1. Is it 'home made'

2. Or is it last type

Wlodzimierz,

How come there are 3 mintmarks? Is it supposed to be made of silver?

Marc

This order is made from silver, there are 3 marks: ikom, silver mark and 900.

Anatoly and me had discussion about this order and I agree with Anatoly's theory:

' I think this order was 2nd class in born but then(when they need 1st cl.and they did not have preparations of medallions of 1st class) they used possibly beaten medallion from 2 class ( but with good enamel in flames), having removed white enamel around stars and having processed then all medallion a gold paint.'

I think that the order IS order of the 1st cl.

But there is a danger, each of us without specialized tools and deep knowledge can upgrade his 2nd to 1st cl. using only knife and red color.

Hopefully we will not see many of such order.

Well if that is the IKOM that made this one, they made a very bad job. It seems they didn't mind about issuing an order splashed with red paint. I personnaly do not like it. I tend more to think that this was done to increase it's value.

Thank you for comments. :cheers:

Color difference:

The torches and red star are made from red enamel and ring is painted with red color.

This explains the fact that they have different color.

The right question is, as already Anatoly asked: who made it? IKOM or was it home made? :unsure:

waldemar