News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

need opinion about visor caps

Hi, everybody; I saw these 2 caps (1 of modern russia, and the other soviet) in a online buying page, and I?m thinking on buying 1 or both of them, as novice, I?m not very informed about fakes or repros so decided to make a new topic

Any opinions are wellcome

cheers... :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

Notice the little 19(84) year of manufacture date inside the maker's star mark on the army cap. There is no year date on whatever the Federation one is, meaning it was never issued.

Notice the little 19(84) year of manufacture date inside the maker's star mark on the army cap. There is no year date on whatever the Federation one is, meaning it was never issued.

Rick,

Since the late 1980's, the vast majority of issued caps do not have a date anymore.

Marc

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Hi-

The red and greenish one is an Army officers parade hat, and looks just fine. The one with the tan top is new to me. Probably either modern Russian, or right after the fall of the USSR. The pin on top might be right, but I'd wager that the star on the band was just put there by a seller to fill the space. All the hats that I have, or have seen, have a larger cockade there. If the large pin on the crown belongs there, it definitely denotes post-Soviet use. The tan color might associate it with tropical (African, mid-east, etc.) service, and the black might relate it to armor or artillery use. I've just never seen the two colors together! Hope that helped a bit.

-Matt

Try: www.undertheredstar.com

The majority of what I know about Soviet hats, I learned from this site. It's a great reference. I have emailed the person in charge of the site with questions and he has gotten back to me with helpful answers every time. I very much recommend it!

-Matt

thanks man; I?m checking it right now, very good page and learned some things about fakes, colors and post-1991 caps; if you like, I can send you a link with information about soviet medal (probably, you know that page already, but I will post it anyway, just in case other people see this) www.soviet-awards.com

cheers