News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents,

I am pleased to announce that the postie is coming to my house again!

just a selection of simple bars nothing fancy...

Thanks to another forum member!!

you know who you are. :)

Enjoy!

Regards

Paul

Now Gents, this is a Baden 9yr sevice medal,

Edited by notned

More! a three medal bar from a Wurttemburger. Home made, with ingenious way of using the EKII ribbon to hold the pin to the bar!

Its my third Wurttemburg trio bar with a G10 marked HK!

Edited by notned

Heres a Single mount EKII

It came with pics of the man who earned it..straight from the family in Germany! will have a name soon! hopefully!

Just been given the name! He is 'Peter Krause'. I will find out which part of Germany he came from.

Edited by notned

Christophe, thankyou for your kind words, they mean alot to me!

No matter how small or insignificant the bars are, they were earned by people who really were in the thick of things, so therefore have more meaning!

Thankyou again!

Kind regards

Paul

I see the name Faller on your Baden document. It must have been a common name in Baden, as I have a grouping of papers (diary, Soldbuch, Milit?rpa?, Wehrpa?) to a Bertin Faller, who served in the Baden battalion of the 3.J?ger Rgt.

Chip

Hi Chip,

I could well be that there was alot of 'Faller's there in Baden.

I must probe my source for more info on where the document came from...maybe shed more light about him (Faller).

Its nice to have some info on the Gentlemen who won the awards we collect.

I am going to buy a medal to go with it and frame the two together in rimu to hang on the wall for all to see and admire. but will be noting on the reverse that the two did not come together for originalitys sake

I am already in the process of framing two HK docs with parade mount medals both combattant and Non combattants. looking for a widows doc and medal...(these two did came with the medals and are awarded to two separate gents.)

Its my small way to honour these soldiers....and its a good way to display a medal and doc especially if you only have the two items from the one man.( and it keeps them together!!)

Cheers Gents,

Paul.

Edited by notned