News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

Here is two my new ribbon bars, what I got! Just few questions...

1. Kapit?n zur See Ulrich Brocksien, Kommandant Hilfskreuzer "Komet" .

Questions:

a. whats the last three ribbons

b. maybe someone have his picture for a copy :rolleyes:

07834153cf4888_l.jpg

2. Marine-Stabszahlmeister Franz Pape

2a. I am more stupid regarding Austrian awards.... so, whats the third award would be?

2b. if there is more information around about this guy service, I would be very happy :jumping:

07834149b56225_l.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Well, once again you've got names that cannot be matched from awards shown in Rank Lists.

All Brocksien shows is a WW1 EK2. I am perplexed what a 1908 Messian Earthquake Medal ribbon in next to last place would be doing on the bar of a 17 year old who joined in 1915.

Pape showed no awards at all (not surprising given delays of often 2 years) in the February 1918 Rank List, but he was the Assistant Paymaster for the U-boat Flotilla at Pola in the Adriatic from June 1916 to war's, so perhaps an Austrian Gold Merit CRoss with Crown is what is shown there. The Mecklenburg ribbon was not from Streilitz, at least as of September 1917 (as far as I've gotten into the Strelitz Rolls) so must be from Schwerin. He was born in 1888, served in the navy 1907-23, came back in for the Kriegsmarine, and ended up as a Fregattenkapit?n (V) 1.4.42 #2.

You need Paul's naval rank list CDs and of course his about to be reprinted Lohmann-Hildebrand Volume 3 which he is having published with the blessing of Herr Hildebrand.

Both were in my collection some years ago and the names are correct.

Most of Brocksiens decorations were lost on "KOMET", the ribbon bar and a lot of documents, letters a.s.o. were bought from the family in the 80th.

The ribbon bar of Franz Pape is missing his italian 1908-Messina-earthquake-medal, may be the bar was constructed after Italy entered war against Germany in 1943.

I still have some nice pictures of Franz Pape and will show them here next days.

At first here Pape as a Zahlmeister-Aspirant with the Messina-Medal.

Regards

CSForrester

Edited by NavalMark

@Noor:

The correct Name is Fritz Pape. I have found some original pics and also some copys of documents i once owned. The only picture with a ribbon bar shows him with EK II / Mecklenburg KVK / Austria Merit Cross with crown, about mid 1920th. So he did not wear the Messina-medal after WW I.

Here his document for the Sudetenland-Medaille.

NavalMark,

Thank you so much all this information and the pictures!

I am maybe too "blue eyed" but I still trust people who I feel like can be trust. Some forum members here are real gentelmens and I believe them, what they say! Also getting those two ribbon bars, I didn't had any doubts, because safe source.

Hello all,

Here is two my new ribbon bars, what I got! Just few questions...

1. Kapit?n zur See Ulrich Brocksien, Kommandant Hilfskreuzer "Komet" .

Questions:

a. whats the last three ribbons

b. maybe someone have his picture for a copy :rolleyes:

07834153cf4888_l.jpg

2. Marine-Stabszahlmeister Franz Pape

2a. I am more stupid regarding Austrian awards.... so, whats the third award would be?

2b. if there is more information around about this guy service, I would be very happy :jumping:

07834149b56225_l.jpg

What is the last ribbon on the top ribbon bar? :speechless:

:beer: Doc

Edited by Riley1965

Guest Rick Research

EXCELLENT information to have on Pape-- though since he stopped wearing his Messina :banger: it won't be there to help sort him out!

But what is the Messina doing on Brocksien's bar? Or what IS it?