News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commerorative Medal 600 years of battle of Kosovo

The dealer gave me this text: 'On the occasion of 600 years after the Kosovo battle, the commemorative volume of the Kosovo battle 1389-1989 was issued to important guests during the celebration. On the avers side are two twisted swords with broken ends. On the revers side is the oath of emperor Lazar.'

I think that this decoration was not given to the participants of this battle. :D but who was important guests and how much long was this celebration?

Who has issued this decoration?

I hope we will get good answers.

waldemar :beer:

• 3 months later...

If it is commemorative medal for 600 years of battle in Kosovo, it is issued in honour of battle of Serbian medieval army against Turkish army in 1389 on Kosovo polje in Kosovo / Serbia.

Shield, swords and oath of emperor Lazar are standing on the monument that is built in Kosovo to commemorate the battle.

Waldemar, your dealer was right.

Edited by SasaYU

Luckily my unce is a creature of habbit and still has the old keyring :beer: ...I got him to email me the photos of his keyring. He says he can't remember where he got it but he remembers buying it as a souvenir. Looks very similar to the advertised medal

For anyone who doesn't know, in 1389 the Serbian Army was soundly beaten on the plains of Kosovo, which resulted in Turkish domination of the Serbs for the next 500+ years. The Serbs have long memories: until recent times, Serb fathers and mothers greeted their male babies with, "Welcome, Avenger of Kosovo!" Now that's taking your nationalism seriously! Kosovo is seen by Serbs as holy ground, which is why they fought hard to keep the Kosovars within the boundaries of "The-Rump-State-Formerly-Known-As-Serbia," in the recent Balkan War...

---Gene

Luckily my unce is a creature of habbit and still has the old keyring :beer: ...I got him to email me the photos of his keyring. He says he can't remember where he got it but he remembers buying it as a souvenir. Looks very similar to the advertised medal