News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Marianer

Eric Stahlhut

Guest Rick Research

There is a strong, simple elegance to the design and colors of these... :love::love::love:

All I have are ribbon bars with it.

Identity of the Bavarian wearer of the upper two remains unknown, as does the Austrian holder of the German style bar 2nd from bottom.

Sew on bar at bottom belonged to Bavarian Rittmeister aD (KB 1. Ulanen Rgt) Franz von Brentano di Tremezzo (born 1888, alive 1954). His "DRm" was gazetted 22.12.17. He was a son of the Hessian Minister of the Interior.

@Eric

The Mariannerkreuz instituted 1871 by the Deutscher Ritterorden was given to catholic nobility who served as orderly or, more common, donated money to the Order. (nickname nobility-dog-tag).

There existed a breast badge and a neck decoration. The colour of the ribbon was black (1871-1885) and later Black/silver (the pattern similar to the austria Kriegsband - forinstens for bravery medals)

The Mariannerkreuz is not a kind of special class of the order. the order based on the classic system of civalric oders with Grandmaster, Knights of Grace, Profess-Knights, laybrother cross, priors cross. there insignias looked different

regrads

josef

joseph,

thanks very much for answering my query regarding the grades of this version of the deutschen ordens st. mariens zu jerusalem.

i was reading werlich's description of this, and he stated that the order originally came in four classes, but his description of the marianer version was very brief and vague. as i have never seen a breast star or sash, i was curious...

kind regards!

:cheers:

joseph,

thanks very much for answering my query regarding the grades of this version of the deutschen ordens st. mariens zu jerusalem.

i was reading werlich's description of this, and he stated that the order originally came in four classes, but his description of the marianer version was very brief and vague. as i have never seen a breast star or sash, i was curious...

kind regards!

:cheers:

I've been looking for a nice one to display on my Austrian Pike Grey Tunic.

Nice

• 2 months later...
    • 1 year later...