News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

colonel Efim Ivanovitch Davidov

gentlemen, I have great difficulties to read this citation since I'm hardly russian reader.

Efim I. Davidov won his order in Hungary, but I can't figure the details.

I would be extremly gratefull for your kind help. I keep the actual award finaly given to Davidov as a surprise because it is not often seen in these columns ;)

I can just decifer essential datas of the identification lines:

he was a Guard colonel, in charge of the 299 guards infantry regiment, 98th guards infantry division.

His service ran from 1941 june to 1945 may, Leningradskii front, then Ukraine front since 1945, february 17. Never wounded.

Born russian, in 1909, and member of the CPSU. Member of RKKA since 1927, lives in Leningrad has been awarded a red star amongst others awards.

and proposed for the title of Geroi Sovietskogo Soyuza... :love:

Guest Rick Research

I am having a VERY hard time reading this from the wshed out contrast, which makes many letters indistinguishable for my one eye. Too much gray-on-gray and not enough black-on-white.

Basically, it is an enummeration of how his regiment crossed 50 Km into Austria from the Hungarian border, killing 4,000 and capturing 1,000, destroying 50 tanks and vehicles, and capturing the headquarters of an enemy tank division.

I cannot read a single one of the place names.

This does not read at ALL like a Hero Star citation, so I'm not surprised he didn't get one. As a Colonel/Regimental Commander, I'd expect a Suvorov, while a battalion commander would have got a Nevsky for this sort of accumulating "score."

Guest Rick Research

As usual, I will call upon volunteers, since I am NOT the solitary Russian Translation Person.

Currnetly I am working at very typing out handwritten 1914-18 award rolls from Mecklenburg Strelitz so I'm not online here as much as nromal.