News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Holters Name Tag - Legit or Fake?

Hi All -

This is in a purported Generalmajor's tunic. Does this tag conform to normal Holters labels, and can anyone decipher the name, by any chance? Hardy, Rick and Simon, here's another one for you! :D

Don

Holters changed their address or opened a new shop so , I have run into 2 styles (with 2 addresses)for their white labels . I have another but can't easily get at it right now.

Here are 2 of my examples --

Edited by Mike

Don ...does the main Label (Collar) have an address ..and does it match the white Label ? I've seen a few fakes where they only put a white Label in place , which is fine for a White Tunic but not for a Piped Service etc .

Got it ...here's my other one -- It's not the greatest picture but , you can see how the label is not that "stiff" coated material ..it's a soft fabric . And there are a few differences ...the bottom of the "H" touches the line on both examples.

Edited by Mike

Thanks, all -

Mike, I have asked for additional scans from the auction house, and if I get them will post them here - I have no idea whether it has a neck label, but if it doesn't, that would be a deal-killer for me.

Don

I agree ...that would worry me and kill it for me too.

I had a good friend over 2 years ago and we were comparing some of the Holters details between his ..and mine. They had their own sewing "style" so ...if it comes down to it , there's more than just the tags we can compare .

The white tag they sent you has me a little worried though as it does not quite match up with mine.

Hi Mike -

This auction has more than a few dogs in terms of visor caps, so I am not holding out a lot of hope - the pics they have shown for most of their uniforms look for the most part like they were taken from the Hubble Telescope. I asked for more, but I won't hold my breath.

Don

Don, it's Generalmajor Erich Fronh?fer :jumping:

the date is Sept. 2, 1944

besides EKI silver wound badge

File000t5_cr.jpg

? Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross: 24 July 1941, Oberstleutnant, Commander of Panzer Regiment 10.

? Prussian Iron Cross, 1st Class (1914) with 1939 Bar

? Prussian Iron Cross, 2nd Class (1914) with 1939 Bar

? Cross of Honor for Combatants 1914-1918

? Armed Forces Long Service Award, 1st Class (25-year Service Cross)

? Armed Forces Long Service Award, 3rd Class (12-year Service Medal)

? Wound Badge in Silver ? World War I award

http://www.specialcamp11.fsnet.co.uk/Gener...Fronh%F6fer.htm

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Thanks, Hardy!

Mike, I'll be interested to see if the boards have the screw-post buttons on them - all three Holters tunics I have have that neat little aspect - don't know if all Holters tunics had them, but it would be nice to see...

Don

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is that you truly have not had the entire militaria collecting experience until you have gone to a live militaria auction run by people who normally sell cattle and farm implements. Holy ######. They almost had a riot on their hands when they started to auction off Riker mounts full of crap piece by piece. They finally started selling them as lots. 80% of the stuff there was crap, and 95% of the cloth had been screwed with in some way.

The General?s tunic was a Janke. The breeches were most likely real. It went for $2500. Fake Pz Pionier wrap, which I should have bought for a filler, went for $600 with real NSKK breeches. "G?ring?s ring" went for $10K with only a handwritten letter as provenance. Fake RM Baton is now a $13.5K paperweight for somebody. I got outbid on a Pionier Waffenrock with polizei pants ? it went for $1550 ? just crazy.

I wound up with two Heer visor caps and a riker mount full of insignia. I would have bid on more medals and badges but the damned uniforms were toward the end of the auction and I was trying to be conservative with my outlay. They started the auction at 10:00, and I left at 5:00 and they still had about forty lots to go.

Still, my first experience with a live militaria auction was an experience!

Don