News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK1 "Square" double screw......

It looks like we still don't know who was the manufacturer of these EKs-We know now that the "CD800" EKs has been made by "Carl Dillenius/Pforzheim". If we suggest that the "CD800" where the awarded ones (all the same,just one core,no screwbacks and always flat)...we have the "squares" and the same crosses like them,just marked with a"800".Does it make sense for a manufacturer to sign the EKs for the private sales marked with two different kinds of maker marks? We could believe that all 3 different kinds of markings belonging to "Carl Dillenius"...or just the "CD800" and......"Square" or "800"! But that would mean "Carl Dillenius" has sold EKs to a third company,either the "square" or the "800" marked ones. So back to your question the answer is simple....no,we don't know.

Micha

I was just about to make the comment about CD800 crosses.

I guess I wasn't typing fast enough as you beat me to it :rolleyes:

Nice cross Mica. I really like the large backplate crosses.

Edited by gregM

Micha,

I know you and Joe like EKs with back plates. The photo of yours reminded me I have one the two of you might like seeing. Not marked at all. It does have the large round back plate, and once had -FOUR- screws on the back. Two (the ones in the 3 and 9 o'clock positions) were removed, and I think I can understand why. All those screws could be hard on the ribs!

I'll post these as smaller images so I can get them in.

Les

very fine example, les.

i have not seen a four-poster such as

yours before (purchased by a bed manufacturer?? :rolleyes: )

the most holes i've seen are on the plates which end up

being sewn to the inside of a jacket. they are much smaller in

diameter and number about 20.

this one's a first for me, and quite handsome!

joe