News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Badges Post 1991

The scans shown are of badges which have been acquired this year, but which are not of the usual run. The star badge is the dress shako plate of the Russian Presidential Guard; the other two badges are for the Russian 14th Army, troops sent to assist the dissidents in Moldavia (the so-called Republic of Transdneiper) during the early 1990s. At least, that is the information given by my supplier . . . can any Gentleman confirm this?

[attachmentid=15689]

The second scan is on the next posting

I have never seen these before. What organization do they belong to?

Apologies for mix-up! The first part of this submission is under the "Subforums" heading. How the two parts got separated, I do not know - just put it down to me being a new entrant and not being used to the system.

The two badges, so I am told, were issued to the Russian 14th Army that was sent to Noldova, in the early 1990s, in support of the dissidents in the so-called Transdneiper Republic who did not wish to be swallowed up by Moldova.

Attached are two more lesser-known Russian badges. There are the first ones after the hammer and sickle was dropped, but whether they were actually issued, I do not know

Brian

[attachmentid=15830]

The two badges, so I am told, were issued to the Russian 14th Army that was sent to Noldova, in the early 1990s, in support of the dissidents in the so-called Transdneiper Republic who did not wish to be swallowed up by Moldova.

Brian, thats is pretty much the story except the correct name for the region is Trans-Dniester Region, or Transnistria and the 14th Army was not sent to Moldova, it was stationed there since mid-1950ies. The region rebelled in 1990 and the 14th Army was officially supposed to act as "peacekeeping" force, while in reality it aided the Transnistrian rebels. The conflict ended in 1992 and with it ended the 14th Army - it became the Russian Operational Group (ROG) which still has the peacekeeping duties in the now independent Transnistria.

Guest Rick Research

Post continuations as REPLIES to the existing thread, not new threads. My Semi Amazing Powers do not always extend to being able to COMBINE things without risk of all going "poof!"

Post continuations as REPLIES to the existing thread, not new threads. My Semi Amazing Powers do not always extend to being able to COMBINE things without risk of all going "poof!"

Thanks, Rick, for sorting out my ineptitude - good to know someone is looking after us!

Brian

Brian, thats is pretty much the story except the correct name for the region is Trans-Dniester Region, or Transnistria and the 14th Army was not sent to Moldova, it was stationed there since mid-1950ies. The region rebelled in 1990 and the 14th Army was officially supposed to act as "peacekeeping" force, while in reality it aided the Transnistrian rebels. The conflict ended in 1992 and with it ended the 14th Army - it became the Russian Operational Group (ROG) which still has the peacekeeping duties in the now independent Transnistria.

Many thanks for the additional information. I find it is not at all easy to get information on bdges of other countries and, even if one does, it is nice to have it confirmed. Most grateful to you.

Whilst writing, can you identify the two cockades on the attached scan, please?

Brian[attachmentid=15931]