News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Nonfighters ribbonbars from WW1 and WW2 !

Here is some ribbon bars who got into my mailbox yesterday , it was totally 8 auctions with ribbons to the same guy, I got 5 :D

A special Thanks to Saschaw who tip me of this auction :beer:

His first ribbonbar is with Honorcross non fighter - Preuss Red Cross II - Preuss Red cross III - Austria com medal - Hungary non fighter - Bulgaria non

fighter

Especially the Bulgarian and Hungary non fighter is cool because you dont see them so often , I belive that approx 200 000 Bulgarian war medals went to Germans but only 10 % ??? (I?m guessing) was on NC ribbon. I dont have a clue to how many Hungarian non fighter there was awarded.

And of course the backside , I forgot to say that this ribbonbar is of the "half-height" style

More to come ..... Christer

Edited by christerd

This Medic or whatever he was stayed in service ? or was "reused" in the second world war :rolleyes:

He got the Kriegsverdienstmedallie , I feel like this medal wasn?t the most liked during the war years because you do not seei it so often on ribbonbars?

At least our man now got 7 ! awards and in the right order ( he will get more sloppy later in war....)

Now he wear the full size ribbon bar :rolleyes:

Christer

Edited by christerd

Now he must have been in service for sime time ? He gets the Kriegsverdienstkreuz (without swords )

And by some strange reason he places the Austrian WW1 medal in front of the Red cross medals ??

Well we now have a man with 8 !! Awards . quite impessing ribbonbar ;)

And now he has a14 mm height !! three different heights on three ribbon bars ..... talk about change...

Christer

But our guy from the first world war didn?t stop there with 8 awards, nope he got two more (at least) :cat:

Here is the last bar I got from him, the lower bar just cost me about 1,25 $

And now the ribbonbar maker freaked out totally... putting the KVM in first place...

KVM - HEK - KVK - PrRK - PrRK

Then what ???? ?????? - ????? - Austria - Hungary - Bulgaria

What is the first and second award on the lower ribbon? Bavarian Red cross something ? Anyone has any suggestions :unsure:

The backside of theese two last one is rather interesting, has anyone seen this type of pin arrangment before , age ?

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Guest Rick Research

Ho ho!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

The white and blue ribbons on the last 2 rows set are 50 and 40 years service in the Bavarian Red Cross-- West German awards.

So while the mounting order on that set is screwy, this man had an amazing lifetime career of Red Cross service.

What did you MISS? :speechless1:

:cheers:

Puh 50 years in Red Cross service ! I thought i looked like something from Bavaria , The ones I missed was duplicates of the

6 and 7 ribbon bar and a "button" with 7 ribbons if I remember right.

This guy must have made some imprints in the Bavarian Red Cross history ?

Fascinating

All the best from Sweden

Christer