News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Prussian KDM 1815 for non combatants

Another old one-the medal itself is a very nice example with the "C" or "U" at the eye ring. The ribbon is a bit strange-in hand it's feels like thin,stiff cotton. The colour has faded out,but this is hard to see on the pics.If I look at the inner part of the ribbon I can see the difference. The whole thing is sewn on the medal with a different ribbon(looks like the ribbon for a mini-but not the KDM NC one...) So I think the ribbon is old,but not old enough to be the original one to the medal.

Micha

Micha,

As I remember my ribbon has a fragile silk feeling to it. I try not to mess with it. The larger ribbon seems correct. I will swear that I see a number 3 on the first picture of your medal. A possible casting mold mark or my eyes getting bad? I see no evidence of this on mine.

Chet