News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian 1946 M tunic

Gebtlemen,

I recently purchased a tunic which I have been told dates from shortly after the end of WWII. Identified as a 1947 M tunic. I haven't received it yet but I would like to start working on medals for the tunic. It has the old style Austro-Hungarian Empire threads on the left breast for putting the medals on. This will restrict what medals could have been worn here to those that have a trifold ribbon and were allowed to be worn between 9 September 1944 and to the last half of the 1940s. I am looking for suggestions as to what medals I can put on this uniform. I have some ideas of my own but I would like to hear what others say as well. I know the plastic ribbon bar does not go with this tunic.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Rick Research

Maybe an "Antifascist Struggle" Medal (though there doesn't seem to have been much ACTUAL :rolleyes: "struggling"...

but one must be the 1944-45 War Medal for defecting to the Soviets and attacking the Germans:

You've got FOUR trifold award loops which seems rather a lot!

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

I have just experienced my first bad experience in buying online. This tunic will never arrive. Shortly after I paid for it the vendor emailed and said he couldn't find the tunic but he must have had it at some time because he had posted pictures of it for sale. Many emails later, most of which the vendor never answered, and after two months of waioting for him to find it I have had to call the credit card company that I used to pay for the tunic and report that the merchandise had never been received. Getting past their automated answering machine to actually talk to a person and report the problem was a real feat! The credit card company is giving the vendor a month to respond before anything else happens. Anyway, if you ever decide to deal with a person called Ted Welch who runs something call "Bunker Militaria" I would advise caution.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Rick Research

Supposedly located where? We shall all-- Eyes Across The World-- be WATCHING for this tunic to ever appear anywhere any time ever again.

It's a small planet trying to pull this sort of scam. :catjava:

• 3 years later...

now, for the other side of the story. the uniform did get misplaced, after it was sold, but i did find it, and get it shipped out to you, AND, i included a german made officer's belt buckle with it, that matched the buttons on this uniform, which was a strange piece, because it was assmann marked, and, since bulgaria was behind the curtian, how did they order belt buckles from germany?? at any rate, this guy got his money back, AND the uniform, AND, DOES NOT HAVE THE "MORAL COURAGE" TO PAY FOR THE UNIFORM. i was not home when the letter came, asking for the charge back, and they give you like 3 days to respond with proof that the item was shipped,... ie, receipt from the post office, so, i lost the uniform, AND the money, ebay fees, and belt buckle.

have a litte bit of "moral courage", and admit that you did, indeed, get the uniform, and admit that there is nothing wrong with ebay sellers,.... that's rediculous. it was a cool uniform, and you screwed me out of several hundred dollars on this one.

and DONT HIDE BEHIND SOME FORUM, CRY BABYING, YOU FACE PROBLEMS FACE TO FACE. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT ME, YOU SAY IT TO MY FACE. YOU ARE A THIEF.

mightythor,

This transaction took place some time ago and all of the details are not clear in my mind but to my recollection this transaction was settled amicably in the end. I am not a thief nor have I ever been accused of being one before. Yes I did receive the uniform and to the best of my knowledge you were paid for it. To me that concluded the deal. I do owe you an appology for not posting to this thread that the uniform had arrived and for that I am sorry.

Regards,

Gordon

mightythor,

This transaction took place some time ago and all of the details are not clear in my mind but to my recollection this transaction was settled amicably in the end. I am not a thief nor have I ever been accused of being one before. Yes I did receive the uniform and to the best of my knowledge you were paid for it. To me that concluded the deal. I do owe you an appology for not posting to this thread that the uniform had arrived and for that I am sorry.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon,

You did a charge back, as stated above, on the uniform, which means, that you got the uniform, by your own admission, which was $250ish, PLUS you did a chargeback, which means,... you cost me $45, + the cost of the uniform, .... which means, YOU GOT THE UNIFORM FOR FREE, and YOU COST ME $45, TO DELIVER IT TO YOU. which means, in my book, THAT YOU DID NOT/HAVE NOT paid for the uniform.

and you are a moderator on here? that's a little scary. you ripped me off, and say here, that i ripped YOU off....

and i gave you a free officers' belt buckle to go along with this uniform, so i took it in the butt on that too.

make it right, be a man.

I am afraid this is just your word against mine that I did not pay you for the uniform. I have gone back through my records and so far have found nothing other than the pictures from the original auction. Which, by the way, included the buckle. You did not add it later. I do not wish to pay for the uniform twice nor do I wish you to feel cheated. I will do the best I can to trace the credit card transactions and get back to you. I can do no more than that at this time.

Regards,

Gordon

It has just occured to me that it is somewhat foolish of me to try disprove an unproven allegation. How do I know that you are actually the person who sold me the uniform? If you had a charge back on your credit card then please scan the paperwork showing this charge back and post it on the forum. I can then trace the transaction through my credit card company.

Also, my email address has not changed for over 10 years. If you were not paid for this uniform when you sold it to me why why did you not contact me about the payment instead of waiting this many years to acuse me of nonpayment on a public forum?

Gordon