News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I saw this medal bar today on ebay. At one time, it must have been a really nice looking medal bar. (That is, until some medal bar vandal got his paws on it.) :mad: I do not recognize the ribbon for the last medal. Does anyone know what medal that would have been?

Best regards,

Tom

Edited by tyanacek

I saw this medal bar today on ebay. At one time, it must have been a really nice looking medal bar. (That is, until some medal bar vandal got his paws on it.) :mad: I do not recognize the ribbon for the last medal. Does anyone know what medal that would have been?

Best regards,

Tom

I recognize the the Red CrossMedal & Honour Cross w/swords. What is the 3rd medal. Whoever put the Hungarian medal at the last ribbon is an idiot!!! :shame:

:beer: Doc

Looks like the ribbon third from left might be the German Social Welfare medal.

Yes, the third ribbon was either a German Red Cross or Social Welfare Decoration. (Probably an enameled one.)

It looks as if even the Hindenburg Cross was replaced on this bar. (Originally, it was probably a Hindenburg Cross without Swords.)

It appears to be green and white. If so, it's probably Saxon long service.

I doubt that the last ribbon was for a Saxon Long Service. I'm thinking more on the order of some obscure foreign Red Cross Decoration?

Yes, the third ribbon was either a German Red Cross or Social Welfare Decoration. (Probably an enameled one.)

It looks as if even the Hindenburg Cross was replaced on this bar. (Originally, it was probably a Hindenburg Cross without Swords.)

:Cat-Scratch:

OK: why do you think that?

Isn't the last ribbon the Saxon service cross? I assume that because of the width of the white edge.

It also looks like the krankenpflege medal (#499 Nimmergut). Fold obscures # of greenish stripes.

Can you lift up the backing so we can see clearly?

Edited by Ulsterman

:Cat-Scratch:

OK: why do you think that?

Isn't the last ribbon the Saxon service cross? I assume that because of the width of the white edge.

It also looks like the krankenpflege medal (#499 Nimmergut). Fold obscures # of greenish stripes.

Can you lift up the backing so we can see clearly?

Sorry, but these are the only pictures available. I do not own this medal bar. As I mentioned in the first post, this bar is up for auction on ebay.

Best regards,

Tom

I recognize the the Red CrossMedal & Honour Cross w/swords. What is the 3rd medal. Whoever put the Hungarian medal at the last ribbon is an idiot!!! :shame:

:beer: Doc

3rd medal is the Prussian War Aid Cross. And that would be the wrong ribbon for that cross. So, yes the person who attached it and the Hungarian Commemorative is guilty of a Frankenstein-ish creation.

I think so...it is still a Godet even if it has some moth holes and IF you can get the right medals. The bar will be forever stigmatized by not having the original medals on it, but the ribbons and combination is honest.

This was one gentleman's group of medals. When he received them and had them mounted, he didn't ask if the HK was magnetic or not, or black lacquer or bronze. He earned them and was proud enough to have a very good company mount them for wearing.

What's the alternative? At least take down the wrong medals. It doesn't deserve that.