News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

case identification

I've had another think, and it COULD be British as it appears to resemble a typical British medal case, The indentaion could well have come from the medal with which it was purchased.

As to what medal came in it originally I don't know. Most would have had the name of the medal on the front, perhaps a civilian decoration of some sort.

regards

Case appears to be that of a British Imperial Service medal 1920-1939 era.

I didn't think British medal cases had a cut out for the pin, because the medals aren't issued with a pin, just a length of ribbon which the recipient is expected to know or learn how to mount for wear. Or am I wrong on that?

Peter

Hi Peter,

ALL British Decorations come cased and Pin mounted. During WW2 the awards came in cardboard boxes rather than in a case but even then they were pin mounted.

Certain decorations e.g. IDSM/DSO/Volunteer Decoration even have the pin as an integeral part of the award i.e. the top clasp always has the pin.

Ralph

Hi Peter,

ALL British Decorations come cased and Pin mounted. During WW2 the awards came in cardboard boxes rather than in a case but even then they were pin mounted.

Certain decorations e.g. IDSM/DSO/Volunteer Decoration even have the pin as an integeral part of the award i.e. the top clasp always has the pin.

Ralph

Ralph

D'oh! A clear case on my part of engaging typing fingers before starting brain! :unsure: Don't know what I was thinking, but then I'm usually on this forum between 6:00 and 7:oo AM central Canada time, so probably just a case of too much blood in my caffeine stream. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Peter