News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: This guy's photos are EVERYWHERE!!!! :speechless1: We've seen him in two different Luftwaffe uniforms AND a D.A.F. outfit.

MADDENINGLY, from his awards, I find TWO suspects... and NONE of these that have turned up have had his name on them. :speechless:

• 3 weeks later...

:Cat-Scratch: This guy's photos are EVERYWHERE!!!! :speechless1: We've seen him in two different Luftwaffe uniforms AND a D.A.F. outfit.

MADDENINGLY, from his awards, I find TWO suspects... and NONE of these that have turned up have had his name on them. :speechless:

Oh yes, I got some more... and pictures of his wife, of his children... what are those two Names, Rick?

Oh yes, I got some more... and pictures of his wife, of his children... what are those two Names, Rick?

Arrgghhh... I have been trying to get my hands on some of his photos for a VERY long time!!! I wonder if his imperial era musikmeister board is red as well?

Arrgghhh... I have been trying to get my hands on some of his photos for a VERY long time!!! I wonder if his imperial era musikmeister board is red as well?

So do YOU have some more of him? Or would you just like to have... ? I know two more people in Germany that told me to have more. I yet tried to get those but yet without succes.

Heeey! Isn't he the famous chap in the latest bender article?

I don't know Bender nor this article. Sounds like JOMSA?! However, if there's an article and he's famous it should be known who he was. If noone knows, how can he be famous? ;)

:Cat-Scratch: ......... would the French Gentleman in question perhaps allow his pics to be shown here? I think he is on facebook, non?

He sure is... but I cannot access Facebook here at work. Can you? :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

When these first came up and it looked "easy" (insane laughter) I didn't write them down Sascha. :banger: It took hours going through the multiple awards looking for a match and I don't have TIME for this all over again when there is no definite outcome. I don't even remember-- since he was an NCO during the war--whether the suspects even had first names listed. He had 15,000 photos taken of himself grinning at every angle festooned with bling and not a one of any of them give a name or date or place as clue. :banger: (No, there is no Magic Instant Easy Match to k.b. Inf Rgt 32.)

There are not enough hours in the days of my life for everything that everybody wants me to do in my "spare" time. There is only one ME.

Be happy when I do turn up identifications.

Guest Rick Research

Yes indeed, but not Research Gnomes. It only LOOKS like magic. It is boring tedious WORK which luckily for the world at large is NOT being paid for on a billable hours regardless of results basis.

Any chance the 32 refers to the artillery regiment?

I cannot get over how much he has aged between the last two photos. The earliest the photo can be is 1914 and the latest the last photo can be is Apr38. It was a long 24 years!! LOL He was evidently a musician by trade, while in the military. How in the heck did he get so many valor awards?

• 3 weeks later...

I found him on Daniel's Hohenzollern list with a Golden Honour Medal with swords, awarded on April 17th, 1918.

It's Musikmeister Theo Sperling, Musikmeister from KB IR 22.

He is not on the Baden roll, so that seems to be a self awarded bravery medal. :speechless: