News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The purists will probably hate me...

Hello Gents.

Just received this nice Parade mount Centarmedaille and as it was dirty i decided to clean it...

Gently with a damp cloth to clean the ribbon...its made a very noticeable difference...

then i thought to clean the medal....now i know..there will be guys out there who will condemn my actions, but in my defense i wish to say this;

I am collecting single medal bars and i wish for them to be displayed in their original glory...smart and presentable....

I Never...repeat... Never clean medals on my medalbars...i just leave them as they are.

Anyway i do like the outcome...it looks just great!

Cheers gents

Paul

Hi Paul, I see no issue with conservation, preservation and even restorative work as long as things are kept 100% original in everything. Appearance, materials, etc. It should be our duty while we are the caretakers of these pieces to prevent deterioration from occurring

Guest Brian von Etzel

Nothing wrong with restoration. Items kept intact. That's a good thing. Dirty was NOT the look originally or even later as worn.