News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That mark on the Baden medal is not known to me from any other medal, but is on any Baden merit medal from 1916-1918. They were made by B.H. Mayer in Pforzheim and are, and therefore the mark, not real gold or silver. Is it the big or the small issue of the medal?

That mark on the Baden medal is not known to me from any other medal, but is on any Baden merit medal from 1916-1918. They were made by B.H. Mayer in Pforzheim and are, and therefore the mark, not real gold or silver. Is it the big or the small issue of the medal?

It's the big issue of the medal.

It's not the first time I see this mark : A friend's large gold merit medal has the same mark : his medal is a golded one...

:cheers:

Ah, okay. Sorry, but I doubt this one (and your friend's as well) has been issued as a Golden one. Most of those big golden ones are modern gilt.

From 1908 to 1918, there were just about 60 awards of this class, the awards from 1908 to 1914 still in real gold. Makes a handfull awarded ones in silver gilt version from 1914 to 1916 and another handfull in war metal gilt as yours from 1916 to 1918. None of those knows awards were on this ribbon but all on the civil ribbon - pure yellow. However, they are offered on eBay etc. every month...

:Cat-Scratch:

Ah, okay. Sorry, but I doubt this one (and your friend's as well) has been issued as a Golden one. Most of those big golden ones are modern gilt.

From 1908 to 1918, there were just about 60 awards of this class, the awards from 1908 to 1914 still in real gold. Makes a handfull awarded ones in silver gilt version from 1914 to 1916 and another handfull in war metal gilt as yours from 1916 to 1918. None of those knows awards were on this ribbon but all on the civil ribbon - pure yellow. However, they are offered on eBay etc. every month...

:Cat-Scratch:

The "B.H." is probably "G.H." for Gebruder Hemmerle, a well known Munich maker of most of the Bavarian orders and awards.

Thank you all !

:cheers: