News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

help translating part of reg history

This section of IR91 reg history ties in with WW2 soldbuch, the medal entries got me into the world of Imperial addiction I have finally found the man Wilhelm Leerhoff. I can't get my head round the gothic script any help welcome thanks Mark

Nachdem der Morgen verh?ltnism??ig ruhig verlaufen war, belgte der Feind am Nachmittage das Lager der Res. Komp. hart n?rdlich des Bismarck-Waldes mit etwa 350 Schu?. Die Unterst?nde wurden betr?chtlich besch?digt, Verluste traten jedoch nicht ein. Die l. M.G. wurden nach und nach in Stellung gebracht.

Dem Ltn. d. R Schumann und dem Unteroffz. Leerhoff 7./91 wurden f?r ihr ausgezeichnetes Verhalten in allen Gefechten das E.K.I verliehen.

The morning passed relatively calmly. In the afternoon the enemy occupied the camp of the Reserve Kompagnie north of the Bismarckwald with roughly 350 (infantry?). The shelters were seriously damaged, but there were no losses. The light machine guns were gradually moved into position. Leutnant d. R. Schumann and Unteroffz. Leerhoff of the 7./91 were awarded the EKI for excellent behavior in all engagements.

Nachdem der Morgen verh?ltnism??ig ruhig verlaufen war, belgte der Feind am Nachmittage das Lager der Res. Komp. hart n?rdlich des Bismarck-Waldes mit etwa 350 Schu?. Die Unterst?nde wurden betr?chtlich besch?digt, Verluste traten jedoch nicht ein. Die l. M.G. wurden nach und nach in Stellung gebracht.

Dem Ltn. d. R Schumann und dem Unteroffz. Leerhoff 7./91 wurden f?r ihr ausgezeichnetes Verhalten in allen Gefechten das E.K.I verliehen.

The morning passed relatively calmly. In the afternoon the enemy occupied the camp of the Reserve Kompagnie north of the Bismarckwald with roughly 350 (infantry?). The shelters were seriously damaged, but there were no losses. The light machine guns were gradually moved into position. Leutnant d. R. Schumann and Unteroffz. Leerhoff of the 7./91 were awarded the EKI for excellent behavior in all engagements.

Nachdem der Morgen verh?ltnism??ig ruhig verlaufen war, belegte der Feind am Nachmittage das Lager der Res. Komp. hart n?rdlich des Bismarck-Waldes mit etwa 350 Schu?. Die Unterst?nde wurden betr?chtlich besch?digt, Verluste traten jedoch nicht ein. Die l. M.G. wurden nach und nach in Stellung gebracht.

... Tom, great job - but one small correction! ;)

"..., in the afternoon the enemy was shooting the camp of the Reserve-Kompanie - northwards from the Bismarck-forest, with around 350 shoots. ..."

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Edited by KIR

Jens,

Can it mean that they were shelled with 350 rounds?

Chip

Yes, after a relative quiet morning the enemy shelled in the afternoon the camp of the reserve coy with approximately 350 rounds.

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Jens,

Can it mean that they were shelled with 350 rounds?

Chip

... yes - that's what I try to say! :rolleyes:

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Edited by KIR

finally oberfeldwebel Leerhoff in 1940 picture out of soldbuch wearing Imperial EKI I wish the pic was larger to see if he was wearing his F A Cross 1 class and black wound badge I wonder why hes not got a ribbon bar on tunic ?