News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think that this is the must for a collector of Heer badges, at least that's my case ! The badge isn't mine.

It is the "de luxe" Juncker made CC in gold, fire-gilded, with the little hook and central rivet on the back side.

• 4 months later...

Jacques,

Stunning, wonderfully gorgeous ... you name it, it is just that ! Although not an avid collector of TR awards, the design and, especially, the requirements to get this one awarded are quite exceptional. I've been mopping up the drool ever since clapping eyes on your picture ! :P

:beer:

Hendrik

I remember about 5-6 years ago, a number of very advanced collectors in the states, and one of THE biggest dealers in the states told me the top hook clasps were the work of imaginative fakers and that there was no such beast. It seems to have been the belief of many US collectors at the time.

When did this change?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember about 5-6 years ago, a number of very advanced collectors in the states, and one of THE biggest dealers in the states told me the top hook clasps were the work of imaginative fakers and that there was no such beast. It seems to have been the belief of many US collectors at the time.

When did this change?

Hi Chris,

There was an article in the "International Militaria" magazine, I think from 2001 or so that showed several of these clasps, apparently all named to the recipients. There were supporting documents in the article as well, and I believe it was written by Manfred Dorr.

These are pretty well accepted nowadays, but I know of many older collectors that share your view. Is there any evidence that these are post war production? In viewing many pictures, they appear to share the same obverse die as typical zinc Juncker clasps.

Tom D.

Hi Chris,

There was an article in the "International Militaria" magazine, I think from 2001 or so that showed several of these clasps, apparently all named to the recipients. There were supporting documents in the article as well, and I believe it was written by Manfred Dorr.

These are pretty well accepted nowadays, but I know of many older collectors that share your view. Is there any evidence that these are post war production? In viewing many pictures, they appear to share the same obverse die as typical zinc Juncker clasps.

Tom D.

I know all these articles and also that some collectors though or still think that these badges are a pure imagination. As I said, I don't own one, because of thier cost, but also their scarcity.

What I can say is that I had the opportunity to hand some within high end collection but also in smaller but quality one, thus on shows. When you get it in hand, you can't say it is a copy. the badge is so well done, in "buntmetall", the gilding is so beautiful, there is absolutly no flaw, nothing to ring the bell of the doubt.

Many years ago, when no information about them were in my hand, I got one. it was a crap, well made for this time. these craps still are on the market, and more dangerous were done since but they have nothing to do with an original.

here is the crap I bought at this time.

jacques

Hi Jacques,

I know exactly the fake you describe and they can be found at the big US shows. It is based on the F&BL design. I handled one at the SOS 2 years ago and when I put the magnet to the reverse the backplate flew out of the clasp on my magnet! The rivet was not a rivet at all, but a separate blob of metal simply glued on to the back of the backplate. Luckily the seller didn't happent see it and I quickly stuck it back in place and moved on.

Tom D.

There's no shortage of fakes of these around and precious few originals. Currently, there's a well-done copy being sold as original by a certain mid-west US "auction" house.... "Fire-gilding" so bright you need sunglasses just to look at it. Case has a gold ban on the lid and a maroon silk lining, silk insert liner and hinge. Quite beautiful as copies go, but a copy nonetheless.

• 7 months later...

With the rather tiring number of fakes of these about, it's really nice to see a true Juncker pattern CCC in Gold. The condition on this one is pretty nice and the photos show the crisp detail that the Juncker pieces were known for. Thanks Jacques!!

Hello,

Thank you for sharing these more detailed pictures. very nice piece and we can only say towards the newer and olde rcollector => look at this one untill you go :speechless: , this is the thing to look and learn from. :beer:

This is the real thing and it is scarce for sure !!!, just imagine one had to survive more or less 50 close combat days, that was something for sure :unsure:

Is the former recipient known from this one?

Cordial greetings

Edited by Stijn David

Hi Stijn,

Thanks. For sure it is incredible to have survived so many combat days. This variant was only manufactured at +- 100 pieces. It is like a dream or a must for all Army badges collectors.

The name is known but I can't give it now.

jacques

Hello,

Thank you for sharing these more detailed pictures. very nice piece and we can only say towards the newer and olde rcollector => look at this one untill you go :speechless: , this is the thing to look and learn from. :beer:

This is the real thing and it is scarce for sure !!!, just imagine one had to survive more or less 50 close combat days, that was something for sure :unsure:

Is the former recipient known from this one?

Cordial greetings

Guest Darrell

........ Luckily the seller didn't happent see it and I quickly stuck it back in place and moved on.

Tom D.

LOL Classic !!!

I can the scene now :o:unsure::rolleyes::anmatcat: