News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lost all my photo links to the Forum

GeorgeCL

Hi,

Well Someone got into my photobucket account and messed with my photo links. :banger::violent:

I will try to reconstruct what I can but it may take awhile..

In the future I upload my photos to the site..

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you need a certain picture please request it and I'll see what I can do.

George

Guest Rick Research

ARGH!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

But you've got your own backups of them, right George?

I once... :blush: accidentally deleted an entire category of my gazillions of scans which I had neatly put in its own "folder" and had NOT backed up any other copy. :banger: Won't ever do THAT again! :beer:

Backups are vital.

I have: -

1. Medal Archive - where 'raw' scans are filed according to a) where they came from and b) subdivided by country.

2. Medals - which is the fullsize images on black background, ordered by country.

3. Medals-Web - which is the local version of the full website with the reduced images as used there.

Then there is the website itself on a remote server, and that gets backed up nightly.

Hmm. Maybe I should burn off to DVD as well.... :)

HI

I have all the backups of the photos and looks like nothing has been deleted from my PB account just moved and the links lost.

Hopefully i can just move the files back to the correct folder file and the links can be restored.

Wish me luck!

Thansk

George

HI

I have all the backups of the photos and looks like nothing has been deleted from my PB account just moved and the links lost.

Hopefully i can just move the files back to the correct folder file and the links can be restored.

Wish me luck!

Thansk

George

Good luck with all that George. This problem scared me enough to buy a stand-alone hard drive for backups.

Chuck