News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

V?R?S Z?SZL? ?RDEMREND 1957- to ZRINYI MIKL?S KATONAI AKAD?MI?NAK

We have discussed awards made to individuals many times but I don't recall us ever discussing awards made to institutions. Recently I bought a book on the ZRINYI MIKL?S KATONAI AKAD?MI?NAK (MIKL?S ZRINYI MILITARY ACADEMY). In it is reproduced a picture of the award, and the document, for the V?R?S Z?SZL? ?RDEMREND 1957 (ORDER OF MERIT OF THE RED FLAG - 1957). According to the NMK, this award was made 123 times. Here a picture of the award as it appears in the book.

Regards,

Gordon

These are very interesting awards indeed when compared to the standard issue of the order to somone for extrodianry acts. Still - there is so much gray area with the institution awards, that there is still so much to learn. I wonder if some of our Magyar members can shed more light on the matter?

Edited by hunyadi

Gentlemen,

Digging a little deeper into this award, as presented to institutions/organizations, this appears to have only been done in 1975. According to my reference material, of the 151 times it was awarded, 7 times it went to units/schools instead of individuals. They are as follwos;

1 - 1. Sz. Tűzszer?sz ?s Aknakutat? Z?szl?alj "1st Artillery and Mine Disposal Battalion" (Hungary)

2 - Zrinyi Mikl?s Katonai Akad?mia "Zrinyi Mikl?s Military Academy" (Hungary)

3 - Krasznodari Egyesftett Katonai Haj?z?-Műszaki Tisti Iskola "Krasnodari United Military Engineering Officers School" (USSR)

4 - R. J. Malinovszkij P?nc?los Csapatok Kantonai Akad?mi?ja "R. J. Malinovszkij Armoured Forces Military Academy" (USSR)

5 - M. V. Frunze Kantonai Akad?mia "M. V. Frunze Military Academy" - (USSR)

6 - V. I.. Lenin Kantonai Politicai Akad?mia "V. I. Lenin Military Political Academy" (USSR)

7 - K. E. Vorosilov Vez?rkari Kanonai Akad?mia "K. E. Vorosilov General Staff Military Academy" (USSR)

Regards,

Gordon