News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

I'm not sure, but he appears to be missing the Reichs cockade on his cap and wearing the string bean shoulder cords of the 1919 Provisional Reichsheer. Two large silver stripes on the sleeve like that were P.R. rank for Sergeant (German rank term, not translation). Not "correct" regulation insignia for 1919-- but it was in flux then.

Yes Rick. It?s defiantly "Friedensheer". Rank is Sergeant. To me, the chevrons are the old fencing-signs. He wore them on his left arm. Don?t forget, the war was just over, and the Friedensheer was like the Freikorps. They had orders for their uniforms, but who could control it???

Those two horizontal rank stripes were made from a medium blue cloth. The insignia for the Lehr Inf.Rgt. was only used during the war and those strips were shorter in length than these blue ones and I believe they were white.

Chip

That?s right Chip! The Lehr-Inf.Btl. (or Rgt.) wore white stripes. I hope you can see it on the attached photo.

What about the script about the Schlieffen-Plan? When are you on-skype?

Cheers, Andreas

Edited by The Prussian

What about the script about the Schlieffen-Plan?

Andreas

This is my nosiness asking if there is something I don't know about? I am always looking for discussions on this. Here is the last paragraph of one section of our upcoming book. Is it in-line with your script? Thanks!

There is a more recent work by Gro?, which throws a great deal of sand at the Zuber theory. This does two things: it prolongs the old debate and uses previously unused documents to cast a different light on the issue even though conventional wisdom states that the Prussian archives were destroyed in 1945. The premise of the total destruction of the archives has been disproved by finds in the Russian and eastern German archives, as well as other sources. This new study claims there really was a Schlieffen plan, systematically attacks all of Zuber?s claims and attempts to document it. I am sure that subsequent to this writing there will be a counterattack by Zuber. A recent paper by Terrence Holmes tries to put the issue to rest saying that Schlieffen needed only 90 divisions, not 96. Between this paper and the 2004 Potsdam symposium Zuber's opponents seem to have the upper hand and have shown a previously undisclosed map from the 1905 Denkschrift, written by Schlieffen that shows a wheel around the western edge of Paris. A copy of this map is located in the British national archives. As what exists of the old archive files is often found to be misfiled and often never looked at new discoveries seem always forthcoming.

VR/Joe

Hi Joe!

I didn?t write that script about the Schlieffen-Plan. A friend of mine did. The problem is, it?s written in german, and the size is roundabout 30MB. Can you read german enough, then I will ask my friend, if I could send it to you. I will send your post to him, so he?ll be able to give you better answers that I could.